Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Day at the Aquarium

Friday we spent the day at the Georgia Aquarium. Yay! This was our first trip there as a family of 4. Terrell and I had been once for our anniversary when Garrison was a tiny baby but Friday the whole fam got to go. Unfortunately Austin wasn't feeling his best... he's been fighting a double ear infection, but he's been on antibiotics since Tuesday and wasn't running a fever so we decided a little outing might do him good. I think he enjoyed himself for the most part.

We started the day with Dolphin Tales. We loved it! I want a pet dolphin now. They are the cutest, sweetest, most friendly animals. Garrison was totally fascinated the whole time. (And so was I!) Austin cried a little bit off and on because of the loud noises and the crazy lights but did okay overall. It was very theatrical... which was a surprise to us but definitely added to the show. If you go to the Aquarium you have to see it... and the best part is that it doesn't cost anything extra.


After Dolphin Tales we were off to see the rest of the Aquarium. Garrison's favorites were the River Scout section where he got to see alligators up close and personal and the cutest little otters. He loves otters because we have a book called Oscar Otter about an otter... so he calls all otters Oscar. =) He also really liked the Cold Water Quest section with the penguins and beluga whales.

Austin's favorite parts were lunch (ha!) and the Ocean Voyagers section where he was able to get out of the stroller and stretch his legs for a little bit. Garrison really loved all the Ocean animals too. I think we probably spent the most time there. We were so blessed that it wasn't very crowded since we got there pretty early on a Friday, and during the 1:30 showing of Dolphin Tales the rest of the place was almost empty... at least the Ocean section was. The boys had a ball!


One of the last things we did was see the 3D show and that was the only thing that didn't go so well. Austin was not impressed with the loud Nemo-looking fish or being lightly sprayed with water. So I ended up taking him out. Shortly after, Garrison lost interest....but thankfully daddy was able to talk him into finishing the show before meeting back up with me and Austin so we could go see a couple of our favorite things one more time. I think Garrison would have stayed at the Aquarium forever but he was so exhausted he finally gave us the go ahead to go back to the car. And both boys slept all the way home and went to bed early that night. I can't wait to take Austin back when he's older.

Our Fall Break has been a fun one. Even though some of us have been a little under the weather we've still enjoyed a trip to Barnesville for haircuts and lunch, play time at Chick-Fil-A, and the zoo and aquarium. It's just been nice to have a break from the regular routine of school and making lunches and soccer and having a place to be all the time. I'm getting a little nervous about school starting back because it's been a looooong time since I've had a break from school and then had to go back, but I know we'll all get back in the routine pretty fast and things will be fine. I just hope I can sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think we are going to have to take Brae back soon (she went when she was in my belly) ha! I think she is at an age she would enjoy it! Dolphin Tales sounds good too! Is that new? I don't remember it. Hope yall are doing great!