Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon Confessions...

*We had great weekend this past weekend. I'd say it was pretty close to perfect. We were productive yet found time to rest and relax. I love having Saturdays and Sundays with just enough planned so I don't feel bored and like I might go crazy but not so much planned that I feel tired and overwhelmed and wondering where my weekend went when it's over. Yay for fun and low key weekends with my family!

*I love so much about the Fall season. Just about everything really. It's without a doubt my absolute favorite season of the year. I love the weather and having relief from scorching hot temperatures. I love seeing the leaves change and fall from the trees. I love the candles and the pumpkins and my house being decorated for Fall. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. And I love the return of football again... sort of....

*I love high school, college, and NFL football. The Selph household is all about some football... and baseball and basketball, but especially football this time of year. The TV remains on college football all day long on Saturdays and NFL football all day long on Sundays. (We love Game Day!) And we love our Lamar County Trojans and our Atlanta Falcons. However, over the years I've come to be less than enthused about our Alma Mater's football season.... the team my hubs cares about the most... the team I'm supposed to care about the most.... GEORGIA. Gasp! I know it's a shock. When I search for the root of my almost indifference (nobody freak out, I said almost) I think it started when I was pregnant with Garrison and it was time to go register for shower gifts. He was our first baby and we wanted both of our moms with us and it was just going to be a special day.... except my loving husband wanted it all to revolve around Georgia's schedule and who they were playing and what time they were playing. Oh my. It made me just a tad upset that registering for our first baby's shower gifts wasn't coming first. I think I was kind of shocked and a little appalled. Ha! (Plus when we were dating we didn't revolve our entire Saturday week after week around the Georgia games. I guess you could say I was kind of spoiled... and now I want our family to be spoiled too.) =)

Another "root cause" is the fact that my husband became less and less fun to watch the games with. Boo. When watching the game together isn't enjoyable and fun you sort of lose interest. However, he is really making an effort to be more pleasant during the games and has done GREAT so far this season. Love you Terrell!!

Yet another "root cause" is the fact that there appear to be tons of Georgia fans who are fans only because it's popular. Like it's the cool thing to do. Ugh. Sometimes I wonder if those particular fans know there's an awesome University behind their cool football team. Just a pet peeve of mine.

I really do love Georgia. But I love the University of Georgia more... and rooting against Florida and Auburn. =)

*For the past couple of weeks things have really settled down with school. Yay! And I'm so thankful for this answered prayer. My co-teacher and I have found a good balance for sharing responsibilities and I don't feel like I'm constantly working around the clock anymore... those kind of days are becoming few and far between. I'm loving being a preschool teacher so much that I've decided I'd love to do this long term. It is more work than I expected, but it's also laid back and fun and rewarding. And it's rekindled my passion for teaching!

*Speaking of teaching... I sort of had a meltdown a little while back at the thought of having to work full time again. Terrell and I were talking about the future and it was mentioned and discussed and I kind of fell apart. I actually have a fear of working full time. I don't know what's wrong with me! The thought of going back to work full time and being away from my children all day and having the stress of a full time job makes me feel nauseous. Which isn't normal I know. I don't know what it is. I know I don't feel capable. And I have a fear of someone else taking care of my children all day. And I think I'll become a terrible wife and mom. Ahh. Deep down I know it's ridiculous but I still can't seem to control those crazy thoughts. All I've been doing is trying not to think about it or praying about it a whole lot. The only thing I know for sure right now is that I'm loving my 15 hours a week job teaching preschoolers their letters and days of the week and how to count past 10. And I cannot have another meltdown over the thought of working full time. Gracious.

Happy Tuesday afternoon! I'm off to spend some quality time with my firstborn since he's started going to school even on the days that mama doesn't have to! Little brother is napping and Garrison is resting on the couch while watching Mickey Mouse. I hear the Hot Dog dance... time to get ready to do whatever the little man comes up with. =)

No comments: