Thursday, September 6, 2012

12 Months Old

Okay, here's my last birthday related post... I think...

Baby boy is 12 months old. 1 whole year old!! I know when it happened and how it happened but it's still kind of hard to believe it's happened. Strange I know. Things are just different with baby #2. You don't rush the milestones or even count down to the first birthday...but it still happens, only much faster... and with an older sibling right there in the midst of it all.

This year went by lots faster than I expected or was prepared for but I still tried my best to soak up and enjoy our little adventures and experiences and new memories as much as possible. I've been remembering back a lot this week to the first few days and weeks of having Austin home and it's made me both glad and sad. I'm glad for the memories and for a healthy and happy baby boy who is continuing to grow and learn and change. But I'm sad that it's impossible to go back and hold that tiny baby one more time and it's impossible to soak up and remember even more than I already do. Which is why I'm so thankful for this little blog that holds so many of our memories. (I read the whole month of September from last year and loved it!)

This month has been fun and busy for Austin but also different from all the rest. Austin and I both have had to adjust to not being together every minute of the day. I think we're both still in the adjustment phase but getting the hang of things slowly but surely. My sweet littlest man has continued to melt my heart as he's made progress towards becoming a big boy... but still (and always) my baby!

He looked so handsome in blue for his lion pictures... but was still a wild man! I think he tried to dive off the couch a few times...
 
Garrison Cade at 12 months... such a cutie.

Stats and Happenings This Month:
 
*You weigh around 20 pounds but we'll know your exact weight and length next week at your 1 year check-up.
*You are still wearing size 4 diapers... I'm guessing we'll be using those until you're ready for potty training. And you wear mostly 12-18 months clothes.
*You started on whole milk this month and decided that now you actually do love your bottles. Just in time for us to take them away!
*You've been eating more and more table food this month. You're really loving bananas, Gerber bite-sized apples, cherrios, cheese, butterpeas, deli turkey meat, bread, and potatoes. We're slowly introducing a little bit of everything to you!
*You are still taking a morning nap... even at school! And you take a good afternoon nap everyday too. Since school started your bedtime is now closer to 7:15 and sometimes a few minutes sooner. You are tired in the evenings! And you sleep about 12 hours. =)
*You started WALKING this month! You still loose your balance on a regular basis but you walk all over the place and even prefer walking over crawling. I love watching you walk around because it's one of the cutest things ever!
*You've become even more of a cuddler this month. Even though you're busy all the time and rarely slow down, you love to rest your head on whoever is holding you. Your teachers at school love that. And so does mama. And your Granna and Nana. And your aunts. And daddy. I think everybody just loves it. I hope you are always loving and affectionate and full of hugs.
*You learned how to clap your hands this month. Yay! So sweet.
*You love to talk... but most of the time we don't know what you're saying. Ha! You can say ma-ma and da-da and bruba for brother but everything else is just a babble. I love watching you talk on your play phone. Another thing you do that's just the cutest thing ever!
*You and Garrison continue to play together more and more. Sometimes you have little scuffles but you both love each SO much. You are the first person Garrison asks about every morning if you aren't up yet. And you love watching your big brother and laughing at him and trying to keep up with him. I'm so thankful you'll always have a best friend in each other.
*We have enjoyed your first year so much and are so blessed to have you as part of our family. Happy Birthday again to our sweet and adorable littlest man!
 
*********************************************

This post just wouldn't be complete without a flashback to his true birthday. That sweet baby boy who took his sweet time getting here yet was 2 weeks early is still a bundle of joy and one of our absolute greatest blessings.

No comments: