Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer in Review

Sweet summertime wasn't all sweet this year, but it sure was adventurous.

My first summer with 2 boys on my hands and nothing but time.

My first summer I wasn't able to go to the pool whenever I wanted.

My first summer that began with my husband flat on his back and in lots of pain. Wait a second... make that my second summer to begin that way.

My first summer in 3 years that included a countdown to the start of the school year and me teaching. Eeek!

Even though our summer was totally wild and crazy most of the time, it was also full of fun and laughter and adventures. And I'm so thankful for the memories we made and the blessings we enjoyed. Here are the highlights from the Selph Family Summer 2012~

We kicked off the summer with an amazing Memorial Day weekend full of quality time together as a family. One of my favorite long weekends ever.

Then June started on a rough note with an interrupted anniversary weekend and Terrell having major back issues. But the Lord was faithful and Terrell is much better and I survived double duty just fine. Okay, maybe not just fine, but I managed.

One day (early in the summer when it wasn't 100 degrees out) the boys and I pulled out the baby pool and just had fun cooling off in the backyard. Garrison swam while Austin napped and then Austin woke up and got to join in on the fun.

We squeezed in some outside time (again before the temperatures became unbearable) and both boys enjoyed themselves. Maybe cooler temps will arrive eventually and we'll be able to play outside again.

We made a few trips to the library... mainly just to hang out, look for books, and read a little bit. Storytime at our library is right at the start of naptime so we went to Storytime at the library in Madison with some friends once this summer. I think I burned calories that day trying to keep Austin in my lap. Gracious.

Garrison went to his first ever Bible School! It took him a while to warm up but he ended up loving Amazing Wonders Aviation! I was very proud of him for doing such a great job.

Austin got in the big bathtub with Garrison for the first time ever. It was pretty stressful. That's why we're keeping wiggle worm in the baby bathtub for as long as he'll fit!

We got to go swimming with AnAn... plus enjoy some free swimming lessons!

We enjoyed a wonderful vacation to the beach. We didn't relax a whole lot but we sure did have a lot of fun! 

We celebrated America's birthday and enjoyed our yearly traditions.

We made a few trips to Chick-Fil-A. Austin posed for a picture on the slide and played in "Toddler Town" for the first time ever.

Austin discovered just how much fun it is to empty out his diaper stacker... and flee the scene like nobody's business. That boy is into everything!

This summer really was a lot of fun. It was only crazy when Terrell's back went out and when my schedule became insanely busy. On the normal, regular days it was actually pretty great. Thank you Lord!

At the beginning of the summer I thought I was going to be scrambling for things to do everyday to keep us busy and entertained. I truly thought I'd be at Chuck E. Cheese and Chick-Fil-A every other day. But between vacation and errands and Bible School and trips to Barnesville we kept pretty busy and got out of the house plenty. We only went to Chuck E. Cheese twice this summer. We had a routine and a system that worked for everybody. And even though I did lose my mind a few times (especially here recently), I think I learned to embrace all the craziness and to remain grateful no matter what. Going back to work has been a really good reminder for me to enjoy this summer, craziness and all.

These two, my biggest blessings, have made the ups and downs of summer so worth it. There was never a dull moment during the Summer of 2012!

Now it's time for a brand new adventure. Ready or not, we're all going back to school! HELP!! Just kidding. =)

No comments: