Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekend Adventures

Our weekend was full of adventures. Fun, but exhausting adventures. The adventure started with me at the urgent care office Saturday morning. Not exactly how I'd planned to start my weekend, but after almost an entire week of feeling horrible and miserable while still trying to take care of 2 busy boys plus working 3 nights... I knew it was best. And it was. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and given a steroid shot plus a prescription for more steroids, an antibiotic, and nose spray. Gracious. Maybe this week I'll get back to normal.

After my doctor's visit we finally got on the road to the hometown for AnAn's birthday. We had a full day once we arrived that included lunch, working in her classroom for a little bit, and then her birthday celebration. We went to Texas Roadhouse for supper. Delish!

Afterwards, we went back to my parents' house to have cake and ice cream (the 2 things my firstborn was most looking forward to) and to give AnAn presents. Little man got real into singing Happy Birthday. He is loud and proud of his southern drawl too. Whoa. Where did he get that from? There's no way Terrell and I are that country.

Austin was present at this shindig too. See his little chubby legs? He enjoyed some cake and ice cream before bed just like everybody else. Baby boy wasn't going to be left out. (You might also notice Garrison giving AnAn her present from us... a wad of birthday money. Terrell decided to get her all ones. Haha.)

Saturday night was a rough night for me. I didn't sleep well at all, wasn't feeling good, and Terrell woke up and left for the airport before 6:00.

(At least I was able to fall back asleep, finally, and sleep a little late before getting up and getting ready for church. This sinusitis business has not been fun.)

Terrell and his dad went to Washington DC for their annual baseball trip this year and they got to do a little touring before heading over to see the Braves and Nationals play. Too bad the Braves had a bad game.... but they had GREAT seats. I was jealous! Despite the turn out of the game, they still made the most of their trip and Terrell even got his picture made with Anderson Cooper. Crazy! He was just walking around when someone spotted him, so Terrell decided to ask for a picture with him. I'm so thankful they had a wonderful and safe trip.   

While Terrell and his dad were in Washington, I was hanging out with the boys at my parents' house after church. We ended up spending the night with them Sunday night since Terrell would be getting in so late. We had a pretty laid back day and really appreciate all of Granna and Papa's help with the boys! It was a huge relief to know that I didn't have to tackle meals or bath time or bedtime or anytime on my own. It's a tough job by yourself even when you feel amazing. It's a REALLY tough job on your own when you aren't feeling amazing. (PS... Military wives/moms are my heros!)

We had a birthday breakfast with AnAn after a crazy Monday morning and finally got home yesterday around 10:30ish. I was beat. I am SO ready to get back to normal. Soooo ready. Going through the motions in slow motion day after day and just not feeling good stinks. Hopefully I'm finally on the mend... Sigh.

Happy birthday AnAn!! Hope our circus and adventures made your birthday fun and exciting instead of stressful and crazy! Haha!!

No comments: