Friday, July 6, 2012

10 Months Old

My baby boy turned 10 months old on Tuesday. He is growing so fast! As much as I want to put it off, I've got to get on the ball with planning his 1st birthday because it's right around the corner! Even though we'll be in party planning mode soon, I still want to try my hardest to soak him up as much as I can now instead of getting caught up in birthday party details and preparing for school to start and waiting for him to walk. Sigh.

I used to think that Austin seemed "older" than Garrison as a baby because he's reaching milestones faster and just seems to be growing up faster. But lately I'm having lots of he can't be almost one yet, he's still such a baby moments. When you think about it I guess one year olds are still babies. They don't magically grow up overnight just because they turn 1. Okay, I'm feeling a little better now.

This has been another wild and crazy month for Mr. Austin. As his daddy likes to say, he is a HAND-FULL. Haha! He is constantly on the go and constantly into something all. the. time. He's discovered our blinds, lamp cords, any and everything in the dishwasher, the potty and toilet paper, the fake little rocks that go with our gas logs, and anything else you can think of. He is a mess! Even the lion pictures this month were crazy. He would not sit still for longer than 2 seconds and kept trying to get up and escape and just laughed and laughed. We were worn out by the time we finally decided to give it up! He keeps us on our toes and we love him to pieces!!


Big brother at 10 months. This seems so long ago. Even though I didn't start blogging until Garrison was 14 months old, it's why I'm so grateful for a place to document everything. Recording our memories is one of my favorite things. =)

Stats and Happenings This Month:


*You weigh somewhere between 19 and 20 pounds and are between 27 and 28 inches long.
*You still wear size 4 diapers and are in mostly 6-12, 12, and 12-18 months clothes. Even though you're considered "small" you fill out all of your clothes with no problem!
*You got 2 more teeth this month on the bottom for a total of 8! 4 in a row on top and 4 in a row on bottom.
*This month we dropped your mid-morning bottle and now give you 3 bottles a day of 6 ounces each. Lately you're not even still while you take your bottle! Sometimes we have to work really hard to get you to finish it because you're just so busy and ready to get down and be on the move again. We're thinking you're going to be like daddy... never still.
*You still enjoy all your baby food and even tried a few finger foods this month. I'm nervous about you choking so I'm not rushing anything you aren't ready for.
*This month we discovered you might be allergic to blueberries.
*You still take 2 long naps everyday, go to bed between 7:30 and 7:45, and sleep to about 8:00 every morning. Yay!
*Your hair is growing thicker and longer by the day. Daddy is ready for a haircut soon and I think mama's jumping on board now too.
*You really love your mama. And she loves you too. =) You love to say ma-ma and look for me all the time. You pull up on me and hang onto my leg and whenever you're upset you want mama and only mama. I'm going to enjoy all this love while I can!
*You learned to say da-da this month! You also learned how to wave. So cute.
*You took your first baths with Garrison this month in the big bathtub. Since then we've decided we're not ready for you to have that much space to move around in when you're slippery and wet.
*Every diaper and wardrobe change is a challenge. I get a workout every time!
*You and Garrison are finally figuring out how to play together without anyone getting hurt. You love to laugh at your big brother and love trying to keep up with him.
*You took a couple of steps this month while trying to push Garrison's train!! We were amazed! Other than that you just pull up on everything and crawl all over the place.
*You are our busy, energetic, adventurous littlest man and we LOVE you and LOVE watching you grow! Happy birthday Austin Selph!!


No comments: