Monday, July 30, 2012

FUN Weekend

This weekend was full of fun for the Selph family. We were busy and on the go from start to finish, but we enjoyed every minute!
Friday morning I arrived in the hometown with the kiddos so the boys could get a haircut... both boys. Garrison needed a back to school haircut and Austin needed a first ever haircut. They both did great. Garrison was such a big boy and good example for Austin. He took his role as example for baby brother very seriously and showed Austin how to be still and listen to Emily and do a good job. And he let everyone know what a good job he did the whole weekend. Ha!

My sister met me there (thanks AnAn!) because taking 2 boys to get haircuts all by myself just wouldn't be possible. (Actually, it might be but I didn't want to test it out.) So we got a couple of "before" pictures of my baby boy...

The before pictures really don't do his pre-haircut hair justice. He was in need of a haircut big time. Trust me. It was flipping out everywhere and in his eyes unless we constantly pushed it over to the side. It was starting to drive mama and daddy crazy. Plus Garrison was 10 months old when he got his first haircut so we figured we would keep the tradition since their hair was about the same length at this age.

He did a really good job! He was a wiggle worm at times but never cried or tried to get out of my arms. He just sat and looked around and chewed on the combs that Emily let him have. I was very proud. =)


The after picture... again the picture doesn't really do the haircut justice (I want a new camera!), because he looks SO handsome and cute and like such a big boy. At first it kind of made me sad, but he's just so adorable and I love the haircut so much I got over it.

After haircuts, we went to lunch with Granna and Papa before I took the boys to my parents' house and got them settled for naps. Then I left to head home for a date night with my hubby. (Thanks AnAn, Granna, and Papa!!)

We went to the Braves game Friday night and watched the fireworks show afterwards and had a really good time. Date nights are important! I missed the boys (I still struggle with them spending the night away from me) but we saw them Saturday morning when we arrived in the hometown for my 10 year class reunion. Crazy!

I still can't believe it's been 10 years!! The first part of the reunion was a picnic for families that we stopped by for and then Saturday night all my besties from high school got together for a girls night out/reunion. It was SO much fun! The 5 of us hadn't all been together at the same time and the same place since graduation. So it had literally been 10 years. It's so funny how even though we're all married with kids now and doing our own things with our own families, we haven't changed that much. Our personalities and who we are at the core are pretty much the same. And we haven't even aged! Haha. =)

I loved catching up with them and felt so proud of all of us. And I really, really hope we try to get together again a lot sooner than 10 years from now. We talked about getting together again before Christmas so maybe we can work it out. Plus, we had one "member" of our group who couldn't come because of a wedding so we really want to catch up with her too.

Happy 10 year reunion!!

Sunday we went to church and then had lunch and an afternoon with Terrell's parents before heading back home. We were worn out from our fun weekend but loved everything about it... except unpacking and laundry and a huge mess after we got home. Oh well. At least we got home at a decent time and the boys went to bed early. Yay for a fun weekend with friends and family!

No comments: