Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthday Celebration: Part 1

My 27th birthday is coming up this Wednesday... and since it falls smack dab in the middle of the week this year and next weekend we'll be in Hilton Head for one more visit to the beach this year, my birthday celebration started this weekend. =)

On Saturday night, Terrell and I went out to a really nice place on the square in McDonough called Seasons Bistro. It was very elegant and just what we were thinking in terms of a fine dining atmosphere. The last time we went to a place with tablecloths and candlelight was probably over a year ago. So it was a really special treat to have a fancy date night with my hubby for my birthday. Terrell's mom came to baby-sit and the little man did great.

Sunday we went to church and then had a church picnic/cookout at our friends/neighbor's Ryan and Katie's. We had hamburgers and hotdogs and enjoyed eating outside in their backyard since the weather was beautiful. After we had lunch, we walked across the street (to arrive at home) and got the little man settled for his nap. Then around 4:00 Terrell's parents came over and we drove to Snellville to meet Kara, Denny, and Allison at Texas Roadhouse for a birthday dinner for me. =) We had a great time catching up and eating good food and now I have giftcards to go shopping with! Yay!! The only damper on the whole weekend is that Garrison had a fever off and on Saturday and Sunday. He seems to be feeling better now, but we have a doctor's appointment today just in case.

I'm looking forward to celebrating again on my actual birthday and getting away to Hilton Head this weekend with my side of the family. Terrell and I are so blessed with great parents and siblings who still make our birthdays special and fun. I plan to enjoy my "birthday week" and I'm excited to start packing for our weekend trip!

No comments: