Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Time!

This weekend (somewhere in between my 3 shows) we found time to carve our pumpkin! We started the tradition last year before Garrison's first Halloween and we plan to do it together as a family every year. It's something I looked forward to doing each October with my family growing up and since I'm all about traditions, I wanted to continue it with my own family. The next 3 pictures are of my little man last year when we carved our pumpkin. He was only 8 months old and absolutely loved watching Terrell and putting his hands in the goo.








This year we had a big boy on our hands to help with everything. Looking at these pictures I can't believe how much he's grown in a year. Before Terrell got started, I had Garrison pose with the pumpkin... and he just decided to sit on it. I didn't mind at all because it seems like he's sort of getting the hang of being still long enough to have his picture made. Yay! Now, we'll just have to wait and see how long it lasts.


In this picture, he's actually trying to squat down like Terrell and check things out. It was so precious to me seeing him trying to mimic his daddy. Terrell has a huge influence/impression on the little man and it came through once again during pumpkin carving.




Whoa... what's in there?


Helping clean out the pumpkin. Memories and smells from childhood came back to me at this point. Passing on a tradition is SO fun!



This picture was so sweet. Once Terrell turned the pumpkin over so he could start carving, Garrison bent over to take a look at the inside of the pumpkin. He was pretty fascinated with the whole process.






All 3 of my babies. =)


The finished product with the little man on top.


After lighting a candle inside the pumpkin we took it outside and attempted a few more pictures. Garrison had his own ideas while we were outside...




All in all, the carving of the pumpkin was a great success and Garrison seemed to love it. We weren't really sure what he would think about it this year, but he definitely enjoyed helping and especially loved having a new place to sit. =)















No comments: