Friday, April 6, 2018

Friday Favorites: March and Spring Break Highlights

Since I wasn't very consistent with blogging during the month of March I figured I'd include the few pictures I made that were never included in a blog post today. We've had such a great Spring Break. It's been so refreshing to have a break from our regular routine and to be a little lazy!

We're continuing the fun today but here's an update of the highlights so far....

My para and I decided to make a last minute leprechaun trap on the day before St. Patrick's Day for our students. And while we were at recess that sneaky little leprechaun came and made a mess in our room and almost fell for the trap! Hahaha! I videoed their reaction and it was priceless! They were BESIDE themselves with excitement. I think a leprechaun trap is a must have for St. Patrick's Day from this point forward. 😊

*A blast from the past showed up in my room one day in March too.....haha! This newspaper clipping from my days on the track team waaaay back when. Ha! Oh, memories. 

*My boys have really gotten back into nerf guns lately. The battles are hilarious and harmless so it's a win-win for me!

*Sidewalk chalk made an appearance last month too! They were covered in it but it occupied them for the longest.

*Sometimes you lose interest in your big brother's soccer game and opt for coloring with a buddy instead. 😊

*The pool has been oh so tempting on those warm, sunny days! We haven't dove in just yet but we're itching to as summer approaches!

*Our landscaping is wrapping up today! They've done most of the planting, trimming, and manicuring, and today they'll be laying sod!

*We kicked off our Monday of Spring Break by sleeping late and then visiting the library! We came home with some good ones and have been reading all week long.

*We also enjoyed back-to-back lunch dates at our favorite pizza buffet this week!

*I'm pretty sure buffets are going to be our friend in the coming years. Haha!

*Yesterday this crew of 7 hit the road for Dauset Trails! 

😊

*The weather was beautiful! It was bright and sunny and a little cool. It was the perfect outing for us.

*We saw my personal favorite, the river otter, first. He is always super friendly and adorable. 😊

*Next, we made our way to the farm. 


*I think the farm was a favorite for everybody! I know the animals definitely had a fan in Baby Girl!!


*This chicken was hilarious. His attitude matched his 'do. Hahaha.


*Once we finished our visit with the farm animals we went back to the trail to see all of the rescue animals. We loved them all but were partial to the bobcats, owls, eagle, cougar, and red fox. 


*All 4 cousins are squeezed in this pic! Garrison was holding Piper up. 😊

*Sweet sleeping fox. 

*3 out of 4 cousins!

*And all 4!

*We love visiting the cougar every year.

*Another highlight of our trip was witnessing a shiny, new dump truck dump a huge load of dirt! Hahaha. #fascination 

*After feeding the turtles, ducks, and fish we made our way to the reptile room. 

😊


*We also hit up the brand new playground before leaving for the day. This was the smaller of two playsets and our kiddos enjoyed a few minutes of having it all to themselves. 

*We snacked a little on our way home and then Layton Thomas crashed and Piper held his hand once he fell asleep. So sweet!!

We wrapped up our outing with lunch and all went home for rest time. 😊 We had the best time. 

*Other noteworthy Spring Break happenings:

*Layton had his 4 year well-check and did awesome. I was very proud of him. Everything is looking good with our baby boy, he's growing fast, and he'll be ready for big school come August! I can hardly believe it! 

*Layton got his finger closed in the car door Monday night. #ouch! Thankfully there's no broken bones or anything, it is healing nicely, and our pediatrician was able to drain the blood to make sure his new fingernail will be healthy and infection-free.

*I cleaned my whole house top to bottom on Tuesday. We stayed home all day and while I cleaned the boys played and watched a little TV. AND I changed over closets. I went through and took down the clothes that don't fit anymore and replaced them with hand-me-downs and the new clothes they got for Easter. This was one of the boys favorite days of the week because they got to be home and just play all day. 😊

*I did work on some lesson plans and did a little laminating for school but that was it. Yay for not spending my whole break "working"!

We have a fun day planned today and are looking forward to our weekend!! It's been a great break! Happy Friday!!

No comments: