Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend was wonderful. We celebrated, made memories, had fun, and enjoyed it all to the fullest. It was one of my favorites. 

Layton's Easter kicked off on Thursday with his egg hunt and party at school. His school was closed for Good Friday so they had all of their celebrations planned for Thursday. My mom and Piper were able to go and once he figured out he could hunt for anyone's eggs (not just his own he brought in), he had a blast. 😊


They even performed a few little songs. My mom sent me videos that I loved!

Then on Friday, all my guys got to enjoy one of their favorite traditions.... leaving school early for an afternoon of golf with Papa!

They had so much fun! They came home telling me every detail and then crashed. Haha. It was the perfect kick off to Spring Break!

On Saturday we all slept in before I went out shopping for last minute Easter things. I've never been so last minute. Gracious. Thankfully I managed to cross everything off my list and made sure the boys had full Easter buckets. 😊

Then on Saturday night we got ready for a special get-together at AnAn's!!

We have big, exciting, wonderful news........... Another little O'Mary is on the way!!!

We found out the weekend of Layton's birthday party and have been keeping the news fairly low-key until now. Anna, Frankie, and Piper went Saturday morning for their appointment to find out boy or girl and then had everyone over Saturday night for the gender reveal.

I had been having a strong "boy" feeling up until getting the text from Anna that the baby cooperated and we'd find out soon boy or girl. And then I had a strong, almost positive "girl" feeling after reading her text. Ha! 

Almost reveal time!!

It's a GIRL!! Piper gets her baby sister just like she's been telling us all along! #anotherniece #sisters #allthehearteyes

We all had supper together and they had a cookie cake done with the baby's name on it. We are so excited and can't wait to meet Harlie in early September!!

Saturday night we were spent but still managed to get everyone's Easter outfits ironed, laid out, and ready for church AND the filling of the Easter buckets.... which almost didn't happen this year due to LAST MINUTE MAMA. (I have got to figure out how to run errands and get things done while working full time during our sports season. Ahhhhh.)




Sunday morning! Jesus is Alive!! This is what we talked about and celebrated before heading downstairs. 

We had a fun morning together and the boys loved their goodies.

My handsome boys before loading up for church. 

I found their outfits over Winter Break back in February and couldn't resist one more year of hats. And this Easter they actually loved them and wanted to keep them on. #momwin 

Easter Sunday is my busiest Sunday of the year but we pulled off Sunday School for babies through Kindergartners without incident! It was a sweet morning celebrating our Savior's Resurrection. 

We loved seeing all the different families and kiddos, and this fam may have been our favorite! 😊

Piper gave Harlie sweet kisses.

And Terrell got some pictures of the boys outside of the church since we got there so early. This *may* be the last year of matching on Easter. I haven't decided if I can get away with it another year or not. 

Right after church we went to my parents' house so my mom could do some family pictures of us before we changed. And we got some good ones!

I'm going to frame one for sure. 


This is the best we could do of all 4 grands. Hahaha! As I like to say, #memories. It's all about the memories. 😊

We went home to change clothes, start cooking, and tried to get the house in order after we left things in disaster mode on our way to church. Then we had a big family feast back at my parents' house. Our lunch was delish! #Thanksgivingfood #yummmm Then the grands were spoiled with Easter goodies from Granna and Papa. They LOVED their surprises. 

Later that afternoon all the kiddos got to have an egg hunt and loaded up on the candy.




They had the best time and started eating their candy immediately. We actually had to confiscate eventually before things got out of hand. Haha. 

We came home in time for baths and supper in the basement while the boys watched one of their new movies Ferdinand. It was the best wrap up to our Easter weekend and start to our Spring Break. 

We enjoyed our special weekend so much. Easter is all about hope and joy and thanksgiving and we experienced it all. So thankful my Savior lives!

No comments: