Friday, April 13, 2018

A Few Notes From Our Week

The week back from Spring Break has been interesting. Plus worn us out. Plus a tad crazy. Plus a tad exciting because ONLY 30 DAYS TO GO!!! 😊

So I thought I'd make just a few notes about this week....

*My boys have gone to bed past their (school night) bedtime every single night this week. Ahhhhh. Between a late practice night, a late game night, Terrell being out of town, and them struggling with remaining on "Spring Break time" this week, our bedtimes have suffered. Hopefully we'll get back on track soon!

*Because bedtimes have been later and we haven't been used to waking up super early, the mornings have been more rushed. I haven't hit snooze a single time this week (yay for improving in that department), but I'm getting ready slower and the boys have been taking a little longer to wake up. So we've been a little behind every morning. Hoping get back on track with that soon too!

*Garrison finished the book Wonder this week and LOVED it. He had the opportunity to watch the movie at school a couple of weeks ago and decided to read the book shortly after. We had to put it on hold at our library but once it came in, he read it constantly and loved it. 

*My (long term sub) para has been out the majority of this week which has made things a little crazy for me and my students. Thankfully I've had a pretty great sub to fill in for her so for the most part we've been able to stick to our schedule and accomplish everything we've needed to this week. My regular para (who is still on maternity leave) we'll be coming back in a few weeks. I'm so thankful for both of my partners at school this year! They've been awesome!

*Terrell and I haven't seen each other much at all this week. He was out of town Monday night and didn't get home until late Tuesday night... then on Wednesday he spent most of the night outside trying to make sure our sod was being adequately watered, and then last night I had Science Night at school while he, Austin, and Layton had a game. So we're looking forward to seeing each other this weekend. Haha. Sometimes the busyness of life just makes us roommates. 

*For the first time ever, we had to remove gum from one of our boys' skin. #thingsyouneverthinkyou'llhavetodo It was stuck so good that when peanut butter didn't work, we turned to Google and ended up using Vaseline. We had to let it sit for a couple of minutes and then we were finally able to peel it off, and by we I mean I.... while the rest of the finally looked on in curiosity and concern... and it was after 9:00 PM. Sigh. #anothermemory

*We had a major scuffle here earlier in the week while Terrell was gone and there was so much yelling, screaming, tears, and craziness that when I looked outside and saw my neighbor walking his dog, I cried from embarrassment and ashamed-ment. I mean, there is no way he didn't hear world war 3 happening inside my house. It was bad. I hope he doesn't think we're a terrible family. Gracious.

*Leftover Easter candy has been my nemesis all week. I've eaten way too much, way too often. Time to get back on track with less sweets! #wherethere'sawillthere'saway #mindovermatter #sweettoothbegone!

*Other than our one major scuffle, the boys have gotten along pretty great this week (Praise!!) and we've had a good week back. The countdown is on for summer and we are looking forward to the grand opening of our pool sometime soon! 😊

Happy Friday!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: