Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Favorites: Pool Progress Edition

Happy Friday! This first time full time teaching mama has made it (almost!) to Christmas Break and through the 1st half of my first year back!! #yaaaaaaaaay #allthepraisehands It's been a fun week with some sickies and craziness mixed in too. Tis the season I guess. The most exciting thing going on around here this week has been our pool progress. ☺☺☺

Here's a look at my faves from our week... plus a few pool pics. 

*Over the weekend Terrell showed me this picture on our FB memories from 4 years ago. Oh my babies! Garrison was 4.5, Austin was 2, and Layton was growing. I was about 7 months pregnant with him. I love this picture so much! Prioritizing family pictures in the Fall is soooo worth it!!

*Monday was the big day they started digging in our backyard!! Terrell spent the morning at home because I pool guy wanted him close by and he sent me this picture at school. I was so excited I could hardly contain it. Haha!

*When the boys and I got home from school, this was what it looked like. The outline of our pool was there!! And the backyard was a huge, gross mess. Ha! 

*Garrison even got a turn to drive this thing! The other boys declined. I think they were a tad intimidated and preferred watching from a distance. It was an exciting day for all of us. ☺

*Monday night we managed another Game Night! #offseasonperks

*On Tuesday this happened!! 

*And by the time I got home from school it looked like this! #squeal!! I took this one out our kitchen window because I couldn't get a good look from the backyard without trekking through tons of mud. 

*But when Terrell got home he got a better picture for me. We were amazed at quickly they got all of it done! Pool excitement has been growing this week! They've done the electrical work and are coming to back fill all the dirt today. We also met with a fence guy this week and are finalizing the concrete we want around the pool soon. We are all so excited. ☺

*We've been reading lots of Christmas books on the couch in the evenings and Layton decided to let daddy read to him on this night. Normally they only want me to read to them. Haha. My teacher read-aloud skills must be good. 

*The PTCO "Dream Team" got together for dinner and an ornament swap this week. We had so much fun catching up and laughing hard. Girlfriends are just awesome. 

*Austin's Christmas party at school was yesterday and I got to go since my class party was on Wednesday. Oh. My. Festive. Party!! This party was the best Christmas party I think I've ever attended! Haha! His teachers went all out with everything. I definitely need to step up my class Christmas party game next year. ☺

*A parent volunteer did the little Rudolph juice boxes but his teachers did everything else. They had a little edible Christmas tree to make and decorate and a snowman with the powered doughnuts. Plus all the students got to decorate their area of the "tablecloth". 

*They also had balloons and lights everywhere! I was so impressed and it was right up my alley. I'm not sure who loved it all more, me or Austin! Haha!

*I'm so glad I was able to go and experience the fun with my middle man. He decorated his tree...

The finished product! He enjoyed lots of sweets, participated in their book exchange, and sang to all the Christmas songs playing. (Notice his latest missing tooth) It was the best party and we both enjoyed it lots.

*Last night Terrell was getting ready to take the boys upstairs to start getting ready for bed when he noticed our little Christmas present under the tree. Hahaha! She has never done that before. It was hilarious! (And I do have more presents wrapped but they're pushed into the corner and hidden from the picture. I'm behind this year but do have a handful of gifts wrapped!)

Happy Friday! Pray for my babies to get well and stay well. We're battling the sickies and fevers and coughs and ready to be done with the crud! Have a great weekend!

No comments: