Monday, December 11, 2017

Catching Up

Merry Christmas! I feel like I've been "away" for months. Haha. But I'm back among the living and I'm pretty sure I survived the 2 most busy and pressure-filled weeks of my school year in addition to a horrible stomach bug. It wasn't fun, (or pretty!), but I survived and didn't let it totally steal my joy. Although I've definitely experienced a pity party or two over not being able to shop during the week, wrap presents during nap time, and just generally enjoy Christmas time quite yet simply because I've either been working nonstop (literally not stopping except for food and sleep... I've felt like a college student cramming for finals... except minus the studying and inserting the working) OR because I've been terribly sick. This is the most I've missed my stay at home days this entire school year. So that's been hard. #tears #andalittlemoretears 

So. What I'm trying to say is, it's been a 2 weeks. Phew. Thankfully we're all good now and things have somewhat returned to normal. I've been able to catch my breath with school (conferences are winding down, lesson plans are done, party plans have been made, student crafts are almost complete, student gifts are almost ready, and I'm no longer drowning in all the things that have to be done) and that means I'm a little more relaxed here at home... which means I can actually ENJOY the season. YAY. And Christmas Break is right around the corner. Woohoo!!

So now for some catching up. I managed a few pictures over the past 2 weeks. Here's to more fun, pictures, and relaxing to come!

I'm pretty sure this was Thanksgiving afternoon sometime. All the grands love nothing more than running free as fast as they can through Granna and Papa's front yard. Haha. 

This was the day after Thanksgiving when we all loaded up in Terrell's truck to go pick out our Christmas tree. (I have a post coming on the adventure of the Selph Family Tree this year.)

Later that night on the day after Thanksgiving we were invited back over to eat leftovers at my parents' house and these cousins were super sweet watching a little Christmas movie together. And the food was ah-mazing once again.

On November 30th we wrapped up our month of gratitude and thankful lists for 2017. The boys really enjoy doing this every year. They always remind me if I forget to ask them what they're thankful for and it helps us all to be intentional about thankfulness. Their lists are completely unedited and always thoughtful, interesting, and a little entertaining. ☺



I managed to get away from the computer one night a couple of weeks ago to watch our first Christmas movie of the season with my guys. Rudolph is pretty popular at our house. I think Layton might be his number 1 fan! 

These two were snuggled up right beside me and hanging on every word and scene. 

As soon as Granna got out her Christmas decorations, the littlest grands were smitten while they waited on their mamas to get home from school.  

We pulled out our Christmas pillow cases last week!! #lovelanguage




Piper with her favorite decoration at her house. Hahaha! It's one of our faves too!

On last Saturday morning I was swamped with tons to do and feeling down and overwhelmed and I didn't have any of my Christmas lights on at all. Gasp! Terrell will tell you that isn't like me at all. I'm fan of every Christmas light being on 24-7. Ha! I was just in a fog and my brain was on overload and I was feeling super blah. So Terrell took the boys to his parents' house so I could have the house to myself. And I finally snapped out of it and turned on all my lights AND Christmas music to enjoy while I worked. And it really helped and gave me the push I needed to press on. His grace is always there. #allthepraisehands

Once I finally returned to school last week after being horribly sick I got to see this cutie on the wall outside of his classroom. My favorite Kindergartner dressed as Rudolph!!

On Friday night we managed a Game Night by the tree. #allthehearteyes The boys loved it and mama's heart was full. 

On Saturday morning it snowed at our house!! We weren't even expecting it so it was a super cool surprise! It didn't stick but we absolutely LOVED watching the huge snowflakes fall. Soooo pretty and special to have in December at Christmas time!!

The north Georgia mountains where my aunt and uncle live got tons of snow. Their house looks like something from a Hallmark movie.

The pictures they sent were beautiful! They ended up with 11 inches. I'm calling that a white Christmas! ☺

And last but not least, here's an updated look at our new deck. Squeal!! We are so excited. In fact, later today big, BIG things are happening in our backyard! We've been waiting for years and the time is finally here. #wooooohoooooo #gettingourswimsuitsready

I'm hoping to have our Christmas tree recap ready this week. Why must it always be such a roller coaster?! Haha! I can laugh now. Gracious. Have a happy Monday!

No comments: