Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was such a sweet one. I loved and enjoyed it so much.

The sweetness actually kicked off on Thursday morning with Muffins with Mom with Austin. The entire PreK at our school treated their moms to muffins and juice and I was able to enjoy both of my big boys being with me for the occasion. (Garrison wasn't feeling well so he hung out with me while he waited for Nana to come and pick him up. We are sooo thankful for grandparents!!) Austin was so excited and the best little host. We loved our special time together.

The fun continued Friday night when my guys took me out to eat! I loved my special date with my 4 favorite guys ever!

We even shared this delicious dessert.... and we rarely order dessert when we're out so this was a treat!!

Once we got home the big boys gathered up their little gifts for me and surprised me with all of these goodies! They were so sweet and so proud of what they'd made for me. It was the sweetest!

On Saturday morning we woke up to rain and cancelled baseball games so we all slept in and had the laziest morning ever. We were bummed about having to make up our last games of the season but that extra rest and sleep was a GIFT to this mama. Terrell went and got us McDonald's for breakfast (Happy Mother's Day to me!) and then the boys played and Terrell and I went back to bed! We haven't done that in years. YEARS!! It was so nice and sooo needed. 

Of course by Saturday afternoon I was reminded of why you can't spend the whole morning sleeping, ha, because things got busy fast trying to buy groceries, do some laundry, clean the house, and get ready to go out. But it was worth it. And the bonus was that Terrell and the boys cleaned the house for me while I was off buying groceries. They made my weekend so special!!

Saturday night we went out with Nana and Pops to celebrate Mother's Day and had a great time. We ate at one of our new favorite places and then went out for ice cream. It was a fun night celebrating Nana.

And thanks to all of my extra rest on Saturday, I stayed up a little past my bedtime and read this right before calling it a night. I love this. 


Sunday morning with my loves. So blessed to be their mom!

We had a busy but short morning at church before coming home early to get ready for our full afternoon. We had a big lunch with lots of family at my parents' house and had a great time celebrating with Granna. We ate good, laughed a lot, and the boys had a ball. It was a pretty great afternoon with all the moms in the fam, including my Granny who had a really good day.

Then late on Sunday afternoon we went over to my Nanny's house to celebrate with her. We ordered pizza for supper and just all hung out together. 

And the great-grands had so much fun. Especially these two. =)

Sunday night we even managed to get everybody in bed almost on time before it was back to work for mama. Ha. I made lunches and prepared for the week before watching a show with Terrell and calling it a night. We had a GREAT weekend together and I'm so thankful for the way my family celebrated me and made me feel extra special. I'm also thankful I was able to celebrate with my favorite moms and the ladies who have helped shape me into the mama I am today. 

Amazing grace. I experienced it all weekend long. =)

No comments: