Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter Weekend 2017

Well, this has taken me all week to write. Super limited opportunities to blog makes me sad. But it's finally done. Yay. Here's a recap of our Easter festivities... 

Easter weekend for us was jam-packed and fun filled. The busyness and fun totally wore us out but we enjoyed the whole weekend to the fullest. =)

Good Friday kicked off for us with Austin's PreK egg hunt. I believe this is the first egg hunt I've missed for any of my babies. Thankfully his sweet teacher and another mom sent me pictures and Austin didn't later ask me where I was or make me feel the dreaded working mom guilt. He had a blast and came away with a ton of eggs.  

Then a little later on Friday, Terrell and Layton signed the big boys out of school early so they could spend the afternoon playing golf together with Papa. This has become a tradition my guys look forward to so much. 

This is our 3rd year being back, 3rd year of Terrell having Good Friday off, 3rd year of the annual golf game, and Layton's 1st time getting to go!! They were wiped out Friday night but loved every second. They told me all about it and talked non-stop giving me the play by play over supper. It's a special tradition. =)

Saturday morning we slept in as late as we could (7:30ish ha) and then got everyone ready to head out for Garrison's make-up game. The Royal Blue Trojans came away with the win and I loved watching my biggest play and daddy coach.

We came home for lunch and a quick nap time/rest time before heading out again for our first ever "egg drop". Layton's age group hunted eggs like normal but the bigger kids hunted via helicopter drop of the eggs. It was a pretty cool experience.  

If you look closely you can see the eggs falling from the helicopter. 


The kids were amazed. I think pretty much everybody there enjoyed watching "the drop". And of course we came home with lots of candy. =)

After leaving the egg drop we went straight to my parents' house for the annual fish fry/family reunion. I think this year's may have been the biggest ever. It was crazy. Haha. But the boys had a ball and we actually got everybody in bed on time Saturday night.  

Then we had some special deliveries arrive. =) Bubble bath, band aids, a new movie, new hotwheels, flip flops, candy, kites, etc filled their buckets and then we picked out 3 different bigger items to give them too. 

Happy Easter! (We didn't even stage Bailey in the pic... hahaha!)

They were super impressed with their goodies and we had a really fun morning before heading off to church. 



This year we went pretty casual and "Plain Jane" with our attire. I shopped a little late for the boys clothes, and honestly with boys we've already done almost all there is to offer. Haha. We still coordinated as a family and I really ending up loving all of our blue. Even though we were super simple, this year's coordination efforts are one of my faves. =) Our pictures turned out pretty great too. The weather was beautiful. A little hot but so pretty.




We had a BUSY, overflowing with kiddos morning on the preschool hall at church before leaving after the first hour and heading home to cook. My parents hosted an amazing and delicious Easter lunch, and of course the annual egg hunt for the grands. =) We ate the best food and had a great afternoon together.

Piper was able to officially "hunt" this year! The cuteness makes me squeal a little!!






And before we called it a day, Layton got in a tractor ride with Uncle Terry. His favorite. =) 

We made it home in plenty of time for early baths and one of our brand new games the boys got for Easter, Yeti in my Spaghetti. It was a hit! (Huge thanks to the grandparents for the boys' Easter goodies!! They are LOVING all of their new things!)

We had a really FULL but fun and special Easter weekend. 

And I'll leave you with my favorite outtakes from our Easter family photo shoot. =) 



Layton is clearly our wildcard when it comes to pictures. Ha!

We've almost made it to the weekend. YAY!!! Happy Friday Eve! I'm going to *try* to check in next week with an update on life lately and how things are going with working full time. Have a great weekend!

No comments: