Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ready for Fall

Even though my plan was to write all about Fall, I decided to include a few pictures. These were taken Monday night while Garrison and Bailey were outside with Terrell while he grilled. (Another reason I'm looking forward to Fall~ more outside time with the little man.)



Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year, and with the exception of Christmastime, it's my favorite time of the year! I love the weather cooling off, watching football games, the leaves changing, decorating my house for Fall, carving our pumpkin, enjoying Halloween, and to top it all off.... counting my blessings, spending time with family, and eating too much on Thanksgiving Day. This Fall is going to be really busy for us but I'm already looking forward to the craziness. I have lots of shows scheduled (which is a good thing, but it does mean more work and busier days are ahead), of course we'll be in Barnesville for Buggy Days (a tradition that I wouldn't miss), we're going to attempt a family weekend get-a-way with my side of the family the weekend after my birthday, we're planning a trip to a pumpkin patch, we'll celebrate my dad's birthday the weekend of Halloween along with taking the little man to 'Trunk or Treat' at our church, we're planning to have our family pictures made, we'll be awaiting the birth of our niece Shannon, we'll hopefully get an early start on Christmas shopping (chances aren't that great, but we'll try), and finally, we'll kick off the Christmas season with the "Lighting of the Trees" and then enjoy Thanksgiving Day. Our weekends are going to be packed full of stuff to do and even though I'll probably get a little stressed along the way, I'm thankful for all the fun ahead.

Terrell and I are actually kicking off the Fall season this weekend by going to Georgia's first game. We're really excited about going because we didn't get to go to a single game last year. I will admit that when it comes to attending Georgia games, I'm a little picky. I prefer attending night games later in the season. I don't handle major heat so well and I've had a few bad experiences with feeling sick at those 12:00 games when it's 100 degrees out. For the most part, I enjoy watching from the comfort of my own air conditioned living room, or with family/friends in their air conditioned living room... Terrell, not so much. I think he would go to every game, home and away, if he could. Maybe we can during retirement. =) Thankfully this weekend the weather is going to be a little cooler and hopefully I won't feel like I have to pass out. It should be a really fun day and a nice, long weekend. Yay for Labor Day!

***********

I have to mention really fast that I took the little man to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time yesterday morning. I had a couple of places to go to in Conyers and was riding right by so I decided to stop and check things out. We were the only ones there besides the employees! I didn't have my camera with me so I couldn't get any pictures, but Garrison had a ball. He rode the same few little car rides several times and got to see Chuck E. sing on stage and all that good stuff. He actually didn't want to leave... so we had a little issue getting out the door. I tried to give him plenty of warning that we were about to go bye bye, but apparently he needed more warning that than. He basically planted his little feet and wouldn't move, therefore mama had to pick him up and carry him out. Thankfully, he was just extra whiny... not kicking and screaming. I definitely want to take him back since he did enjoy it so much and we had the place to ourselves. I've just got to come up with a plan of action so he doesn't have a meltdown over leaving....






No comments: