Thursday, July 5, 2018

SGI 2018: Part 3

Today I'm wrapping up my recap of our week at St George Island. This was our 3rd year to vacation here and we love it. The pace is slow, the beach is beautiful and quiet, the island- and town just off the island- offer restaurants and things to do (ice cream, souvenirs, and putt putt… what more could you need? 😊), there are tons of seashells (a big deal for the Selph boys), no traffic, AND we get to see dolphins swim by fairly close to shore every single day. Every day!! It's just the best. I'm thankful we decided to try it out and have found a new vacation home. Thanks Megan!!

A beautiful Thursday morning on the beach! 

We even flew our superhero kites. (This was also the day it rained just a little on us mid-day as we huddled under our umbrellas. 😊)

Ironman, Superman, and Spiderman flying overhead. 

My middle man got a little tired and sat in my lap for a few minutes that afternoon. #stillmybaby #frecklesfordays

Our littlest chose to stay in the ocean every second he could. He loved the ocean. 

Thursday we decided to go out to eat one more time at another one of our favorite restaurants. We also did our annual white and khaki pictures on the beach. We were wind blown but I love how they turned out. Our version of perfect. 😊 And I think I'm going to take my mom's idea and have all of our beach pics from each year made into canvases to hang on the wall going up our stairs. 




We had to get a couple with Granna and Papa too!


Then we were off to the Blue Parrot! We had a pretty good wait but ended up loving our first time eating outside. 

And we have named their cheddar bites the best we've ever had. Haha! They were delish!!

Afterwards we decided to make a stop for souvenirs and for Aunt Ebby's ice cream one more time. It was after 9:00 at this point but we'd promised the kids another visit before our vacation ended and made it happen Thursday night. We love Aunt Ebby's. 

Thursday night we had a pretty loud thunderstorm come through that woke up all the adults but not the kiddos. Haha. We had another quick shower Friday morning if I'm remembering correctly and then the rest of the day was beautiful. The perfect weather for our last day!

Garrison wanted to write something in the sand too.... he went with "sup". Hahaha. #nineyearoldboys

Friday I also took my real camera with me to the beach to get some pictures of my babies. Be still my heart. They are just so handsome.






My greatest blessings and most special gifts. 

Friday was possibly my favorite day. It just turned out perfect. My biggest in my lap... plus our little photobomber. 

I had been wanting to take a family walk on the beach most of the week so Friday afternoon we finally did. And it was the BEST! We found tons of cool seashells, met some fishermen who showed us their catches and let us touch their fish, talked to some nice people who asked us about our boys, and got to see a stretch of the beach and island we'd never seen before. I loved every second. Here's our beach walk selfie. 

On our way back to our spot/camp on the beach I was able to get a couple of pictures of my guys and I just melted. I got a little emotional and felt an overwhelming sense of gratefulness for God's gifts to me in these 4. That He saw fit to give me them. Wow. My guys. 1, 2, 3, 4. 

It was the sweetest walk and we had the best time. 

And here are the boys' favorite finds from our walk!

They also requested a silly picture. Hahaha.

The boys got in lots more ocean time with Granna and Papa and we stayed out as late as we could before heading back to the house to grill steaks for supper. We had an amazing last day and night at the beach. 

Saturday morning we loaded up and stopped for breakfast, per tradition, at the Beach Pit before hitting the road for home. We all had so much fun and made so many great memories. Yay for another wonderful week at the beach! 

We can't wait for next year and are looking forward to the O'Mary fam, party of FOUR, joining us!! 

No comments: