Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday Favorites: Sweet Summertime

This week has been a sweet one. The boys got along great for the most part, we enjoyed lots of pool time, lots of inside play time, everyone slept a little later than normal, and we just seemed to savor summer a little more this week. It's been a good one. 

Here are my faves from the week....

*On Sunday after church Austin gave Garrison a little card he'd made for him in Sunday School and when Garrison showed it to me, he was SO touched that he had tears in his eyes! It was the sweetest thing ever. (Garrison's stomach had been hurting Sunday morning up until we got to church so Austin made him a card and had his class pray for him.) It was so special to witness such sweetness between my babies. 

*The boys have officially become frog rescuers! Haha! Every time we go to the pool they check the skimmers for us and find and rescue frogs. And sometimes they have to get creative to make the rescue happen. I love (and appreciate!) getting to sit back and watch. 😊

*Around the time Terrell gets home I'm usually done in the pool because I need to cook supper or I've already been swimming all afternoon and don't want to get back in again. But I still enjoy hanging out with my guys even if I'm done swimming for the day.... so my new thing is to sit and watch while listening to a podcast. And those things are becoming a little addicting for me! Haha. 

*These 3 LOVE Dude Perfect. Garrison discovered them on YouTube months ago and then found their show and it's been super popular all summer long. And since my kiddos were so into these 5 guys who are hilarious and do crazy tricks centered around sports and such, I decided to research them a bit and find out a little more about them. Well let's just say that now mama might be the biggest fan of all. Hahahaha. They love Jesus, their testimonies are super cool, they are all young married guys and new dads, they are hilarious, and I love them. Ha! If you've never heard of them, check them out for your kids. The Selph fam are definitely fans!

*I am *trying* to tackle a little school work every now and then this summer. It hasn't been easy though thanks to our BACKYARD.... but we've managed a teeny bit here and there. My big boys finished their (voluntary) summer reading assignments for school this week and Layton has been practicing his letter and number recognition and a little handwriting. I'm hoping to do a little more, especially with Layton, before school starts.... but the struggle is real. We want to swim and do fun summer stuff! The teacher in me is facing a serious internal battle. Haha!

*One afternoon post-swimming, the boys decided to play a game together. All on their own! Without me suggesting it, or encouraging it, or setting it up, or refereeing! It was awesome!! They did so good being fair and getting along and following the rules. My cup runneth over! 😊

*We had an impromptu family get-together and water gun/squirt battle one day this week! It was sooo fun! We laughed hard and had a blast. 


*Terrell grilled for us this week and we ate outside per the boys request. (Layton wasn't thrilled about the family selfie. Haha!) Oh summertime how we love you!

*Currently my babies are off with their grandparents and cousins enjoying "Nana Camp". They are having a ball! And mama got to enjoy a girls day doing some school shopping and Terrell and I are looking forward to our second date night in a row. 😊

It's been a really fun week around here. We are looking forward to our weekend and being reunited with the boys and then taking them to the Atlanta United game at the Benz!! We are so excited!

Happy Friday!! 

No comments: