Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Motherhood~ The toughest job you'll ever love.
-taken from a pillow at my friend's house
Yesterday was Mother's Day, so this weekend was for our family "Mother's Day weekend. " We always celebrate with Terrell's family on the Saturday before and with my family on Mother's Day. So, to start off the weekend we met Terrell's parents, sister, brother- in-law, and neice at Olive Garden for lunch. It's always fun when the 8 of us get together. We enjoyed lunch and gave Ms. Kathy her gifts, then went outside and made pictures of "Nana" with her grandchildren and each of our individual families. After lunch, Terrell's parents came back over to our house to visit for a while and to play with Garrison. Once they headed home, we let Garrison take a nap before heading out to Barnesville ourselves.

Saturday evening we grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs with my parents and sister. We enjoyed catching up and playing with Garrison until it was bedtime for him. That night we watched "Speed" since I had never seen it and stayed up until close to midnight. Somehow that always happens when we're at my parent's house. I think me and Terrell were the only ones to make it through the entire movie without falling asleep.

After we finally went to bed, we were able to get a little sleep (but not much) before the little man woke us up. He didn't have a very good night... He seems to always have trouble sleeping when we're away from home. But, we made it to church the next morning and actually felt pretty decent. After church we headed over to Buckner's for our traditional Mother's Day lunch. We met my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and several cousins. After waiting in line for probably about 30 minutes, all 19 of us were seated at tables side by side. The food was delicious and we all ate too much, including Garrison. We couldn't keep enough food on his plate it seemed like! After lunch just about everyone went back over to Granny and PawPaw's house but we decided to take Garrison home to my parents' for an afternoon nap. We also took a little nap while he did. Once we finally got home to Covington, Garrison had me a Mother's Day gift. So sweet!

Even though the weekend was busy, it was lots of fun and we enjoyed spending it with all the mom's in our lives. I am so thankful for my mom and everything she has done for me. I'm very blessed to have a selfless, christian mom who has set a great example for her daughters and now her grandson. I'm also blessed to have 2 wonderful grandmother's. They are also amazing christian women who have set great examples for their families. And, I'm very thankful to have such a sweet, christian Mother-in-law. Garrison is going to be surrounded by love and prayer from all of these women and for this I am extremely grateful.

No comments: