Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Favorites: Life Lately

This week has been a good one. We are all still adjusting to the time change, especially mama and daddy, but overall this week has been on the laid back side. #allthepraisehands

Here's our favorite happenings lately...

*Garrison's soccer season kicked off a couple of weeks ago and afterwards we went out to lunch and these 2 shared some post-game analysis. I loved our family lunch date and listening to these two go over the game. 😊

*This seems to happen every year but it's my favorite. My beautiful tree blooms in the Winter. This week has been pretty chilly but our warm days before the cold front brought out one of my favorite views of almost-Spring. 

*This cutie is my favorite Cat in the Hat. Read Across America week was a fun one.

*Cold and rainy Sunday afternoons are perfect for movies!

*Last week when Terrell was out of town I got to take Layton to school for the first time this school year! We were both super excited. 😊 It was definitely a big deal and something I'm thankful I worked out to do. 

*On Saturday my baby boy played in his very first tee ball game! He had fun and did great! 

*Watching him get ready for his first at bat was the sweetest. Hitting is his favorite. Haha. Although during last night's game he took his role in the outfield pretty seriously. 😊

*We enjoyed some cancelled practices this week and got in some fun game nights. Yay for laid back evenings at home! (This particular game night was hilarious because Garrison read his book in-between turns, Layton played with another game in-between turns, and Austin was our only serious player. Ha!)

*Fidget spinner trading, games, and spinning competitions have been a favorite here this week. And 3 boys playing together and getting along perfect while mama cooks is the BEST!


*Last night was a crazy one start to finish for us. We had team pictures for everybody, a practice for Garrison, a late game for Austin and Layton, plus had to find a way to feed everyone at some point. So it was wild. But I must say I loved eating my fast-food in the car and watching Garrison and his best bud practice soccer drills together. And then I loved cheering on my babies in their baseball game. (And things were so exciting and intense that I completely forgot to get a single picture.) It was such a fun game and win for our little team. 

We are pretty wiped out this morning. Last night was a LATE one for all of us. But we're sooo thankful it's Friday and we're looking forward to a great weekend! Depending on the weather Garrison is supposed to play twice this weekend, I'm going to try to do a little house cleaning, we have a birthday party, church, and hopefully lots of extra rest!

Happy Friday!!

No comments: