Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Favorites: Back to the Grind

This week was back to the grind for us. It was a good week but this teacher-mama is WIPED. Gracious. I am in serious slo-mo this morning but so thankful for Friday!!

Here's a look at my favorite happenings from our week...

*This is actually from sometime around Valentine's Day and just never got posted and shared but my middle man finished his first "chapter" book! He was so proud!! He read a chapter aloud to me or Terrell almost every night for a week. It was the perfect first chapter book for him. 

*Now he is officially all about chapter books. Haha! He sees Garrison reading through tons of chapter books and wants to read some of what he's reading too. Bless him. While he can skim chapter a few Magic Treehouse and Junie B. books he isn't quite ready to read them independently yet. 😉

*Last week on our sunniest, prettiest day our pool looked sooo tempting! We can't wait for summer! And landscaping!! Ha!

*Terrell planned a date night for us on Friday night and even arranged for the boys to spend the night with my parents. He has always been so intentional about dating me. I love him. (And I need to do better with planning some dates for us too!) We had such a great night together. Sleeping in on Saturday morning was the best!

*Later on Saturday we let the boys take a quick dip in the pool. The temp was around 80, our water temperature had been on the rise, and they'd been begging to swim thanks to our Spring like weather all week. So we caved. And Garrison was the only one to actually swim... for like 5 minutes tops. The water was just too cold! Haha! Austin got good and wet and Layton opted for toes in the water. 😊

*These 2 are peas in a pod. I love their sweet little friendship. And pre-nap time routine at Granna's. 😊

*When practice for all the boys was cancelled on Monday we went to the library after school for more books! Layton was so patient with his brothers while searched and searched for books. They LOVE our library. 

*Speaking of the library, I got me a new book too. This is my first book by Kristin Hannah and I'm liking it so far. 

*We got in a family walk/run and bike ride this week too! This is becoming one of our favorite hobbies. I got in a second walk solo later in the week and the boys and Terrell got in a second walk the afternoon I worked late. Thankfully the temperature has been perfect for getting in our walks. It hasn't been too hot or too cold. Once it gets too hot we'll have to switch to laps in the pool cause mama doesn't do hot so well. 😊

*My view was the best!

*And so was the sunset!

*Read across America week this week has been fun. And the only picture I remembered was Austin with his silly socks. Haha. He loved wearing his green and orange socks all day. 

*My verse and chapter of the week! Isaiah 40. I will be meditating on this chapter for a while. So thankful for the way He speaks through His Word.

*On Sunday afternoon we cleaned up and cleaned out the boys' rooms and made a few changes. We moved the rocking chair out of Layton's room (*tear*), moved the dress-up box into Layton's room, and rearranged just a couple of small things in their rooms. Layton's room looks so much more spacious and "big boy" now. I'm loving it. (I made the pictures last night really quick so his bed isn't picture perfect. Ha.)


His room is one of my faves now. 😊

*Austin Selph lost another bottom tooth and earned himself another 2 dollars from the tooth fairy! 😊

 We are soooo looking forward to our weekend! I have a girls night tonight (yay!!!), we have Garrison's first soccer game tomorrow, and we are planning to rest and relax plenty too! Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!


No comments: