Friday, February 16, 2018

Selph Family Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was sweet, fun, busy, and special. The Selph 5 experienced lots of love and had a really great day. Valentine's is one of my favorite days. 😊

This year was our busiest ever I believe. Not only are we between parties and birthday celebrations for 2 out of 3 boys, mama is also a PreK teacher this year and PreK-ers celebrate Valentine's Day big! It was a whirlwind trying to pull everything off at home and at school but somehow we made it happen and it turned out just about perfect. 

Layton was my only kiddo to take "homemade" Valentines this year. We went with teddy grahams and "Bear Hug" cards. And Layton came home with tons of treat bags! I get carried away sometimes but I've never given a full blown goody bag as my kid's Valentine. Haha! 

When I got to school my para surprised me with a special breakfast treat! So sweet!! And delish!!

Then we had the best day at school. The whole day was Valentine themed and the kids had a ball. It wasn't perfect because WILD KIDDOS, but it was lots of fun. Yay for celebrating holidays in the classroom again. 😊

After school I rushed over to my mom's to pick up my littlest Valentine and he normally runs to the door to see me or is waiting at the door because he's seen me drive up. But on Wednesday Piper was the only one to greet me because Layton had a surprise for me.... and when I turned the corner this is what I found!! Is this not the CUTEST, most over the top thing ever!?! I MELTED. And laughed. And squeezed my sweet little Valentine!!

So precious!! And hilarious!

Apparently he got a little tired of my gushing and pictures. Hahaha! This was the sweetest Valentine surprise for a mama ever!!

Once we got home and sorted through everything the boys got at school and went through lunch boxes and book bags.... and put out some fires of drama and fighting (sigh), I sent the boys upstairs and told them not to come down until I called for them. Then I prepared for our special little dinner. 😊 The lighting is terrible but you get the idea. We decided on our fave pizza for supper because the choices are limited in a small town and we wanted something the boys would love. So pizza and butterballs for the win! I used a red plastic tablecloth, Valentine paper plates, paper heart straws, red solo cups, and used our I Love You Because hearts as the centerpiece. Simple, sweet, and festive. 

We gave the kiddos their cards from family members along with some Hershey kisses, a pack of gum, a pack of football cards, a bookmark/reading highlighter, and a cheap little ping pong paddle thing. 





Once Terrell got home with all the food (and dessert!), we called them down. 





They were super impressed and loved going through all of their goodies. Yay!

Then we made plates for everybody and started eating our pizza and reading our hearts. The big boys were SO excited about doing this again and couldn't wait to read theirs. This year we just went around and let each member pull out a heart and give to whoever it belonged to. (We all choose a color and our "I love you because" notes are written to us on our specific color hearts.) It was so fun to watch their faces light up and see the joy they got from reading what was written to them... and to watch them feel so excited to have what they wrote to others read! This is the sweetest tradition.

We got the boys their favorite ice cream from DQ and wrapped up our dinner with full love tanks and a huge pile of sweet words written to one another! My favorite from Layton said "I love you because I like motorcycles." Hahahaha! We laughed, hugged, and had such a fun dinner together. 

Once we got the kids in bed, Terrell and I enjoyed our ice cream on the couch while we watched a movie. 😊 The perfect way to wrap up Valentine's Day! 

Valentine's Day 2018 was sweet, fun, special, and yummy. We loved it!

No comments: