Monday, November 27, 2017

Pre-Thanksgiving Fun

I am finally ready to post some festive updates! Yay!! Modern technology is a perk I really appreciate!! ☺

We enjoyed our Thanksgiving Break so much. It was really fun with some crazy mixed in too. But before we even kicked off our break (way back on Friday the 17th), I got to go watch my sweet little man in his Thanksgiving program at school. It was the cutest thing ever and I smiled the whole time! Layton did great!! I was SO proud of him. 

My little pilgrim with his letter I. His class held up the letters to spell the word Thanksgiving and they all had a speaking part. Layton's line was "I is for ice cream on top of the pie!" He said it loud and clear and did sooo good! 

Presh!!




After the program everyone went to the gym for their feast. It was so cute. 

My favorite little pilgrim. ☺ I was so thankful to get away from school to go watch my baby. It was the sweetest, cutest program. Big thanks to Granna and Piper for coming too and taking this pilgrim home with them.

On Friday night and Saturday we enjoyed lots of Christmas decorating. I was so busy, (and tired!), that I completely forgot pictures. Terrell made this one because Layton was so proud of his tree. He has been so excited about Christmas and his joy is just contagious! We are looking forward to the season big time!!

Then on last Sunday afternoon we surprised the boys with one more trip to Six Flags using our season passes. We really wanted to experience "Holiday in the Park" so we made it happen even though it was super chilly. We had fun, enjoyed the lights, decor, music, and rides, and made lots of memories. It was a cold, kinda short, successful surprise outing!

Our routine the past couple of times we've gone to Six Flags is for Garrison and Terrell to go ride a roller coaster while I take these 2 to Boomtown. 

Once we met back up with Terrell and Garrison and they all 3 rode some things together they wanted to play on the big playground that we usually skip over. They loved it.

3 Selph boys plus Porky Pig. ☺



Layton requested his picture with this Christmas tree. #lovehim

We usually ride the old fashion cars back to back trading off drivers and I finally got to enjoy a front seat ride with my biggest. ☺

And then we got to see daddy driving the brothers. Haha! When they left I'm pretty sure there was a different driver!

I am still cracking up at this picture!

We all rode the hot air balloons and froze as we flew through the air. Ha.


Carousel fun!

My favorite display. 

Our very last ride was Layton's favorite.... the choo choo train! It was cold and the big boys were ready to be done and get warm but we enjoyed our ride and loved seeing all the lights. 

It was a fun trip that we topped off with Waffle House for supper on the way home. ☺

We slept in on Monday and got ready for our new septic system to be installed.... which meant our backyard was under construction! Our pool is coming soon!!!

On Tuesday we pulled off a super fun birthday party for my Granny! She did really good at her party and blew out all of her candles, which represented 89 years! It was a special night with family. We sure are thankful for her!

And to wrap up our pre-Thanksgiving fun, we went our town's illumination celebration on Thanksgiving Eve! We hadn't been since Austin was a baby but made the effort to go this year. Our town is just one of a kind-special. We had a fun night ringing in the Christmas season. 

Phew. It was a full week but we enjoyed it lots! Next up, Thanksgiving! Praying we can all get back into the swing of things today and enjoy our school days leading up to Christmas. Happy Monday!

No comments: