Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Favorites: Busy, Busy, Busy Edition

Well this week has been a doozy. I think I've reached my busiest stretch of the school year yet. Eeesh. Unfortunately it's been a little stressful. I really just want to plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas and start decorating my house and Christmas shopping but I am CONSUMED with all things school right now. Boo. It'll all work out and be fine I know, but I love November and this is the first time in years I haven't been able to truly enjoy the start of the holiday season. So that's disappointing. But TGIF!! Yay for Friday and weekends and soccer wrapping up and plans for decorating soon! ☺

Here's a look at my faves from our week of BUSY....

*But first, going back to before Halloween, Austin and I were able to enjoy Field Day at school. It was so much fun. I'm super thankful we get to be at the same school for a few years!

*And then the day after Halloween, we let Layton stay home with Granna because he woke up exhausted and moody and emotional. #blessit He stayed in character as Bat America almost the whole day. Hahaha. He is already talking about what he wants to be next year for Halloween.

*Layton Thomas wrapped up his very first soccer season this past Saturday! He was the youngest on his team and I believe the most improved! ☺It was so fun watching him play. And funny. 

*Garrison also wrapped up his regular season of soccer on Saturday. He had a great season and loved every second. We have a tournament this weekend and then that's a wrap! I have LOVED watching my boys play. 

*Since mama is overwhelming busy right now, the rest of the family has to pick up my slack. So we taught our firstborn an important life lesson on Sunday night.... vacuuming! He did a great job and mama was thankful!!

*We celebrated Austin's soccer season this week with his team party. Even though he had to miss a few weeks during the middle of the season due to HSP, he had a great one! 

*We had a super fun party and loved celebrating his undefeated team with his coaches and teammates. 

*This is the only team picture I got, which another mom sent to me, and you can't even see Austin's face. Haha. But he's right beside Garrison. Who wasn't even on this team. ☺Austin did amazing all season long. Watching all 3 boys play was just so fun. I'm ready for the off season but treasured all those game days.

*The very next night we celebrated Layton's season with his team right here in our neighborhood. It was a fun night for all of us.

*We got to roast marshmallows and everything. ☺

*Garrison was the only one who wanted a s'more but all of us had a great time. Layton was part of a sweet team with sweet families.

*First Christmas pjs of the season came on last night!! Thanks Granna! They all requested them after baths/showers last night because it's chilly here.... yay!!

*We had chili and baked potatoes last night and enjoyed a quiet evening at home thanks to a rainy day and a cancelled soccer practice. 

*And now Garrison and I are almost done with his school project! #allthepraisehands #mamaloathesaschoolproject

We are so thankful for the weekend! It's going to be full of soccer, Georgia football, more soccer, grocery shopping, a little school work, and extra rest! 

 Happy Friday!!


No comments: