Thursday, November 16, 2017

Little Notes from November

*Soccer season is officially in the books. It was fun, it was busy, it was exciting, it was exhausting, it was a blessing. I am thankful for the season, thankful for the opportunity to watch my boys play a sport they love, and thankful for the friendships and fun that come from our teams. And now I'm thankful for the off season. Mama is ready. ☺

*This week has felt sooo long and s   l    o    w. #whenisitFriday? #bringonThanksgivingBreak We started off the week with daddy going out of town, 2 out of 3 boys needing to go to the doctor, mama feeling under the weather, and me preparing for my first ever state audit as a PreK teacher. (Daddy is now home. YAY!!! We miss him so much when he's out of town! My boys are on the mend. Thank you Jesus. I still have the crud but we've almost made it through the week. And, our audit... that we were randomly selected for... went super well.) But it's been a long week. I'm about checked out already. Ha. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. 

*Even though I'm worn out and ready for our break, I am looking forward to a teacher feast today at school, a fun party/feast tomorrow with my students (we're recreating the 1st Thanksgiving and my class is the Pilgrims and yesterday we invited our Native American friends to join us as we celebrate our harvest so generously supplied by our wonderful parents. ☺), AND I get to go see my baby in his very first Thanksgiving school program. He has a line to say and everything. I am so excited to be there and watch him and his class. I had to miss his first little program of the school year so this one is super special. 

*Our Christmas decorations are coming out soon!! #happydance #alltheChristmascarols #allthetwinklelights Most years we pull out a little at a time over the span of a couple of weeks and finish up with the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year, with me working, I think we're about to do some heavy duty decorating starting this weekend.... or today? or immediately! ☺ 

*My hubby is home and I am sooo thankful! He really is the best and does a TON for us around here. And last night, when I complained of my sore throat driving me crazy and a longing for ice cream, he went to DQ for me. My only regret is that I didn't request a large. Haha. It was delish and soothing! Now I need a whole carton of vanilla bean ASAP!

*We use a video monitor for the boys during the night (we have 2 cameras, 1 for each room) and we can monitor any shenanigans going on if needed but mainly it's because we can talk to them through it and because our room is far away from their rooms. So this way we can hear them if they wake up crying, sick, from a bad dream, etc. Well, the cameras still work but our monitor quit working over the weekend. So we've been without for days. Boo. So bedtime has been a little more challenging and I haven't been sleeping as well because it's too quiet. The new monitor is on the way and I'm counting down. Clearly I'm dependent on modern technology. Haha.

*Our county approved a new school calendar for next year that will change things up a bit. It's not the calendar option I voted for so I'm not thrilled, but we'll make the best of it. We get an extra week of summer but a shorter Thanksgiving Break and shorter Winter Break. I may be in the minority but as a teacher and as a mama I prefer all my breaks. Week long breaks. I'm fine with starting a little earlier in order to keep them. But it'll be fine. I'm a little concerned about a Monday start (we've done a Friday start the past few years) but we'll survive and make the best of it. School calendar problems really are first world problems. #keepitinperspective

*Our Christmas card is officially in the works!! Yaaaaaay!! We chose our picture, chose our line, and now my bestie is working on doing her thing! Christmas cards in general are just one of my favorite things! I can't wait to see what she comes up with. And to share our family photos this year. I love them!!

*I'm so excited to wrap up this week of school, enjoy our weekend and our break, and welcome Thanksgiving and the Christmas season! It's my favorite time of the year!! Happy Friday Eve!

***Happy Anniversary to my sister and brother-in-law!! This date 4 years ago is one of my very favorites EVER!

No comments: