Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Favorites: Fall Break Edition

This week has been pretty nice. The break was definitely needed and we have enjoyed our extra time of rest and fun. We've still had some fighting and craziness but we've managed not to kill each other and we still have more fun to come. ☺

Here's my fave moments from our break....

*Six Flags on Monday with all my guys was the best. I'm thankful we went even though the weather wasn't promising because it turned out perfect! No crowds and pleasant temps!!

*These two have had some rough moments this week that have left me ready to send them back to school and their "separate days" (and I NEVER think/feel/say that!!), but then they've also had some really sweet moments too. Like when they've chosen to read together during rest time while Layton naps. Just melt my heart. #sothankfulmyboyslovetoread (Disclaimer: Austin isn't reading chapter books just yet... he just likes to try because Garrison is, and because he recognizes sight words. ☺)

*We are gearing up for family pics next weekend and the boys and I tackled a little shopping together. And the boys rode rides in between stores as a little reward. Bribery is a must when shopping. Haha!


*Our new deck is coming along!! My father-in-law is doing most of the work himself but this week both Terrell and my dad were able to help him out a little. The piece to the left you see stretching across at an angle is going to be the lower level that will lead to our pool. We are getting super excited!

*I've been able to read a lot this week! Yay!! Most days during rest time and most nights before bed. I'm almost done with this book and loving it. 

*I had a fun lunch date with these guys on yesterday.... and they almost wiped out the pizza buffet all by themselves. 🏿 🏾Ummmm, how will we ever keep them full? #wowzers

*Enjoying one of my favorite things.... hanging out watching a show with my hubby! Now that almost all of our shows are back on and the school year is in full swing, we're doing pretty good making this time a priority during the week. Fall Break week means easy, relaxing evenings and mama's favorite time of day. ☺

This morning we're heading out for another Fall Break adventure and this weekend we have a few more fun plans too. We've enjoyed our break LOTS. Happy Friday!!

No comments: