Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Classroom Tour!

I have been trying to make pictures for weeks so I could put together a little classroom tour, and for now this is it. I'm getting some new things soon (like a new bright and colorful rug that I'm so excited about!) and updating my door and classroom decor to be Fall themed but this gives you a good idea of what my classroom looks like. ☺

Welcome!

My classroom. ☺ It isn't exactly like I want it just yet, and it may not be until next year, but I'm pretty proud of it nonetheless. I moved into a very bare classroom and basically had to start from scratch. Thank goodness my sister is a pro at classroom set-up and decorating and helped a ton! And her PreK expertise probably saved me from a nervous breakdown. Basically I couldn't have done it without her!

To the left after walking in is my writing area, birthday wall, and word wall. 

The word wall is changing today! Farm words and Fall words are going in. I'm excited to change the words out according to the unit we're working on and/or the season or holiday. 

This little corner is directly to the left of the door.

Right next to the writing area is my reading and library center. This a popular area for the kids who are still struggling a little with separation anxiety. They get cozy and cuddle up with something soft and feel better pretty quickly. It's also a pretty big hit during center time. 

I love how this area turned out. The only thing I'd like to add is a second over-sized pillow like the gray one. The kids love it!

This is how the board looks with the classroom lights off and my little lights turned on. (This was before finalizing my writing area) I also have these hanging over the doorway coming into the room and over the doorway that leads to our bathrooms. They're super fun and festive.

This is a look at the back of the room. This was taken one day after school so it isn't perfect but it is real life. Ha.

I think I made this picture before Open House. I love my bulletin boards! The credit goes to AnAn once again. ☺

This tree is to the right of my calendar space and this is what my para and I came up with for back to school. We thought it was super cute. Last week we took down the back to school items and this week we'll be adding some Fall and Farm (our next unit) items. I'm looking forward to seeing the tree change throughout the year. I think the kids are going to love it too.

The back right corner of the room is our art center. This a fun center for the kids and I love our "All About Us" wall. (More have been added since I made this picture)

Our Family Tree, pet fish, additional art supplies, and sink area...

I get to bring these home over Fall Break next month! Oh boy!! Haha!

This little shelf and space is my favorite. It's located near my desk in the perfect spot and just feels like home. ☺

And here's my desk.... I cleaned it off especially for this picture. Haha! I try to keep it clear of clutter because clutter just isn't my friend, but being a teacher you are given papers all the time to keep up with or sign or collect or distribute, etc so the struggle is real. But for the most part I try to keep it somewhat neat.


This red shelf was in the room when I arrived.... so it's inherited. But for next year, I need a new one. This one is falling apart and barely making it. The size is perfect but it just isn't sturdy. And it doesn't match my decor. Ha! I do love all the pictures it holds... which I strategically placed to hide wires. ☺

I love my desk area and place to really make my own and just for me. 


And here's one more look at the room from a different angle. It's pretty special to me and I hope to continue to make it more and more my own. I really want curtains to hang next. And I can't wait to get my new rug! All the work that was put into the room is huge motivation to stay for a while. ☺


Happy Tuesday! Have a great one!

No comments: