Friday, September 1, 2017

August Favorites

August has been a crazy, exciting, exhausting whirlwind for this teacher-mama. I feel like every single August for a while now has been a little tough. It's always made us a little sick from back to school germs, always been an adjustment transitioning from our laid back summer days, always been a long month for us, and always been overwhelming and busy. This August was all of those things yet again but full of a lot more CHANGE. Plus excitement and fun! Yay!☺ This August takes the cake on busy, overwhelming, and crazy for sure, but I think it's been one of our most fun Augusts. And that is all because of God's grace. We've just all experienced a really great start to the school year. Not without challenges and major adjustments around here, but we really couldn't have asked for a more smooth start. #praiseGodfromwhomallblessingsflow

I haven't taken as many pictures or had much time to blog but I do want to remember a few highlights of August 2017. So here's what I found on my phone and in my memory. Ha.

*I became a PreK teacher! It's been challenging, interesting, overwhelming, exhausting, and really FUN. I am loving it! 

*Garrison Cade loves 3rd grade, Austin is rocking Kindergarten, and Layton is doing great with his very first school experience! #allthepraisehands I am loving his work that's coming home!

*This precious picture of our first day of school from 5 years ago was a sweet favorite. This was my first time going back to work since having babies but we had a really great experience at our preschool and have great memories of our time there.


 *We celebrated daddy's birthday with family plus an oh so yummy ice cream cake!

*Our littlest man started soccer practice! The jury is still out on how he'll do this season playing his first team sport. Haha!

*We enjoyed some super relaxing evenings this month.... twice. Hahaha. I kid. I think. They were definitely few and far between, but the ones we enjoyed were savored

*I did a little "All About Me" unit with my class and look who added his name to our class hair color chart. Hahaha. 

*My students all completed one of these sheets for homework and they turned out so cute we decided to make an All About Us wall in our room. I made one and so did my para. Other than my printer at school doing a horrible job on my pictures I love it. ☺

*I enjoyed an awesome Girl's Night with my besties plus the sweetest little love. We had the best time catching up and loving on Baby Abel. Soo thankful for our friendships and girls nights!!

*Meanwhile these guys had a boys night with daddy. He took them out for Zaxby's and everything. ☺

*We had a fun preschool and family lunch Sunday after church... 

*And I believe I was the first mom to take advantage of the adorable little photo booth and lemonade stand! Our children's ministry is pretty awesome. 

*Sunday we enjoyed Fall weather all day long. It was the best! The boys stayed outside the whole afternoon. We are so excited to welcome Fall soon!!


*I love paintings, drawings, or anything kid created with their little dictation on it, so seeing Layton's this year is super special.

*I went to a PreK training for 2 days in Atlanta this week and loved it! It was extremely exhausting but I learned so much and had such a good time. I ran into a girl I grew up with and made new friend too. I missed my school babies big time but benefited so much from the training.

*Austin is loving taking something to school for each letter of the alphabet every single day. He has the best time trying to come up with something unique. Iron Man for the letter I is my personal favorite so far. (That was daddy's genius idea.) For the letter N this week he took Nutty Bars and his class enjoyed them for snack. He was so excited. And apparently they were a huge hit. ☺ 

*The boys have enjoyed a few breakfast dates before school with Nana and Pops this month too. Such a special treat for them! They're planning to continue throughout the school year. 

We've had a super, super full month. It's been pretty wild and exhausting. Make that beyond wild and exhausting. Haha. But our favorites also made it pretty awesome and special. It's one we'll remember with a smile for sure. This weekend we're celebrating our middle man turning 6 with a party and all things Austin! We're are looking forward to our 3 day weekend big time. Happy Friday!

Welcome September and all things Fall!! ☺ 

No comments: