Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Yes he does!! Happy Father's Day Daddy~ from your little man.

This weekend was Father's day weekend for our family and lots of fun. We went home to Barnesville on Saturday and spent the whole weekend with both of our families. We always spend the Saturday before Father's day with Terrell's family and the Sunday of Father's day with my family. It works out really good for us to both have lots of time with our dads and extended family.


When we got into town on Saturday morning we went to see Anna's new apartment before heading over to Slices to meet Terrell's family for lunch. Anna is going to be a Resident Director at Gordon this year and has an apartment in The Village dorms. She got everything moved in on Friday and Saturday so we went over to check out her new place. It's soo cute and if I'd had my camera with me I would have made pictures. I'll definitely have to make some next time and post them.


When we left Anna's, we met Terrell's parents, sister, brother-in-law, and neice at Slices for lunch. We enjoyed pizza and catching up with everybody. Afterwards we went to Terrell's parent's house and got settled in for the day. Once we finally got Garrison to take a nap, Terrell and I decided to be lazy and take a little nap ourselves. Then that night, Terrell grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs for supper and we all stuffed ourselves. (Or, at least I did) It was lots of fun having the 8 of us together and being able to celebrate Father's day and Kara's birthday. After supper, we gave Kara and Terrell's dad their gifts and then got the kiddos ready for bed. Garrison did pretty well going to bed considering it's usually a battle getting him to sleep when we're away from home. Once the little man was for sure asleep, we watched the Braves game and played our new favorite card game "Play Nine". We had a great time and laughed a whole lot. Kara and Terrell are both very competitive and it's hilarious watching them try to out-smart each other. I think we finally went to bed a little after 11:00.


Sunday morning we went to church and enjoyed the Father's day service. It was nice to see everyone again and I was especially excited to see the new babies... Elijah Meadows and River Evans. It's hard to remember Garrison being that tiny. After church we went over to my parents house and Terrell and I got there before anyone else, so I went ahead and gave Terrell his Father's day cards and presents. Then when my parents and sister got home, we gave my dad his cards and gift. Then it was time for us to go over to my grandparent's house for lunch. We had a huge feast with my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and several cousins. It was really funny how my 11 and 9 year old cousins helped with Garrison and took him outside and played with him, and Haley even helped me change his diaper. I remember when Terrell and I were carrying them around and playing with them... now they're playing with and entertaining our baby. Time goes by so fast... Once Garrison got tired, we took him back to my parent's for a nap before leaving to come home.


We had a great Father's day weekend with our families and we are both extremely thankful for our dads. We were both raised in christian homes and brought up in church. We both have very hard-working dads who have made many sacrifices for their families (lots that we probably don't even know about). And we both have dads who would do anything in the world for us to this day. I am so grateful that my son has such godly men to look up to and learn from. And, I am epecially thankful that my husband, Garrison's daddy, is a fun, loving, patient, kind, supportive, hard-working, christian dad who is an amazing example to his son as he grows. I feel so blessed that Garrison has such great men in his life as role models. I know that they will all have a huge influence on him and I'm so grateful that their influence will be positive and Christ-like.

No comments: