Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Long Weekend Fun + Austin's Birthday Celebrations

We had such a fun and much needed long weekend!! We were able to celebrate Austin turning 7, get some extra sleep and rest (praise!!), enjoy lots of family time, and take care of several errands and chores around the house. It was productive, lazy, wonderful, and fun. We savored every bit of it. And I'm thankful for the extra day off today for my boys and the extra time to work at school for me! 😊

The fun started on Friday at school for our birthday boy with lunch with daddy and cookie cake with his class. I think Austin was a huge fan of both. 

We kicked things off officially on Friday afternoon with a home cooked meal (one I made over the summer and froze for a night like Friday), swim time for the boys, and quiet time for mama. I crash hard on Friday nights so my quiet time while the boys swam plus my night shower sent me right to bed at 9:00. Hahaha! It's rare I go to bed that early, but mama (and Mrs. Selph!) was SPENT. 


On Saturday we all slept in before getting ready for Austin's special birthday outing. We ate breakfast at Waffle House (per Austin's request) and then made the trip just 15 minutes from home and took the boys to the High Falls Water Park! 

The water park has been around since 1981 and Terrell and I both made our fair share of trips here growing up but hadn't been with our own kids. It's pretty "old school" in terms of water parks, but we had so much fun!! They've added a few things over the years and the Selph boys had a blast. So did mama and daddy! 😊




The main attraction is 2 large water slides that we spent the majority of our time enjoying. This is Garrison after his first trip down! Haha!!

All smiles. They LOVED the slides and went down no less than 100 times. 😊


Layton enjoyed the slides too! He went down with me or Terrell every time and we laughed so hard. I'm not sure who's more excited to go back... me or the boys. Hahaha.


We took a couple of snack breaks and sno cones were the favorite! I'm telling you we had so much spending hours on water slides. It was the perfect gift for our birthday boy and the best time for the whole fam!




Saturday afternoon and evening were spent watching college football and the Braves, Sunday morning we went to church, and Sunday afternoon we met Terrell's side of the fam for more birthday celebrations. We had a great time catching up and celebrating some belated birthdays.

Then on yesterday, our middle man officially turned 7! So we enjoyed all of our birthday traditions starting with 7 balloons bright and early yesterday morning. 



Then Austin (and the rest of us!) got to enjoy our traditional birthday breakfast.  


After donuts for breakfast, Terrell and I went back to bed because LABOR DAY. Hahaha. It felt so good to be lazy! The rest of the day we cleaned the house, did laundry, I decorated for Fall, we watched some of the Braves game, and we went swimming. It was glorious. I even managed to get in 30 laps in the pool. #possiblylastlapsofsummer


To wrap up his special day, Austin requested I make tacos and then he asked to watch Dude Perfect. 


We had a GREAT long weekend and loved celebrating Austin's 7th birthday with him. I'm hoping to have one more birthday related post coming this week and then I'll be sharing the news about my newest niece's arrival!! It's an exciting week around here!!

No comments: