Monday, July 24, 2017

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was a super productive one! Plus pretty fun with some extra rest too. The best mixture for a weekend. =)

Friday afternoon while I was cleaning bathrooms and laminating more stuff for school, Layton was supposed to be napping. Instead he was skipping his nap and reading....... and reading and reading.

Then, an hour later...... still reading. Just browsing his bookcase for another good book. Haha! He "read" for his entire nap time! At least he chose a quiet activity. Ha! I wasn't a fan of him skipping his nap, but I did love the all the reading he did. =)

Terrell brought take-out home for us on Friday night and afterwards we all got comfy and ready for soccer night. =) Instead of movie night we decided to watch Atlanta United and have a soccer night complete with popcorn and snacks. The boys don't love watching soccer as much as other sports but Terrell and I are WAY into it and love it! So the boys played a little, watched a little, and enjoyed their popcorn/snack bowls a lot. =) 

Then this happened..... #Bailey'sfavoriteboy

She loves popcorn and Layton didn't mind sharing. Haha.

On Saturday morning I woke up early and set out with one last list for my classroom in hand. In case you didn't know, or you forgot like I sort of did, teachers spend a small fortune on their classrooms! #wowzers But it's an exciting and worthwhile investment! I *think* I have everything I need now! It's not all laminated and ready to go just yet... but most of it is! YAY! I didn't take one single picture on Saturday morning because I was on a mission. Ha. The boys were home with Terrell and I was shopping at record speed. It was a fun morning for me. =)

Saturday evening we went out to eat for AnAn's birthday! We had a delicious meal together at one of our fave restaurants before heading back to my parents' house for cake, ice cream, and presents. 3 tens and 2 ones worth of candles for the birthday girl! =)



We had a fun night and great time celebrating with AnAn!

Sunday morning the boys and I set off to church for the first hour before heading home to get a start on our to-do list that was about a mile long. That's why Terrell missed church. Sigh. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. 

Sunday afternoon I finished cleaning the house top to bottom. Maybe it will stay that way for a while now! Then it was time to head out to the annual Prayer Walk for our schools. Love our hometown, our church, and our school system! Such a blessing to be able to do this each year. And, God gave us a rainbow right in the middle of it. We enjoyed praying over both our primary and elementary schools as a family and don't take it for granted that we're allowed and encouraged to do so!

Last night we let the boys sleep together again and they did great. This may become a more regular thing in the future. It's definitely being requested a ton by Layton Thomas. =)

And after getting the boys to bed and all of my school items organized, we loaded up my car to be ready for today. My first day of preplanning! #hopeI'mready #eeeeeeeeeek!

I'm both excited and nervous about today... and this week.... and this year. Ha! But I'm trusting in God's plan and know that this is where He has me and where I'm supposed to be. 

I hope to be back later this week with our summer in review. =) Have a great Monday!

No comments: