Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Fall Happenings

Happy Halloween!! Before we kick off the fun today and start NOVEMBER tomorrow (I can hardly believe we're here already!), I wanted to attempt a little catching up. Somehow, things around here aren't really slowing down. So it's been challenging to catch our breath and keep our heads above water. BUT, despite the busyness of this season and this school year in particular, we're still managing to have fun and enjoy it. Somehow, some way. Haha. I'm counting down to our off season for soccer and seriously behind on well, everything, but we're making the most of it and keeping our attitudes positive (as best mama can, ha). 

Our life in the Fall is all about soccer. We revolve pretty much everything around this sport 4 days out of 7 each week. I even had the privilege of watching my oldest baby play in the pouring rain a couple of Saturdays ago. He wasn't phased by the elements and gave it his all while his mama sat chattering under the umbrella barely able to muster a cheer. Hahaha.


My parents sent the boys Halloween cards in the mail that all talk or play music and they have been the biggest hit! They LOVE these cards.... and play them every single day. Hahaha. I think it's safe to say these cards have been the highlight of their Halloween season. 😊



We finally made time to let the boys paint their pumpkins from our visit to the pumpkin patch earlier this month. I'm happy to report that this tradition REMAINS a favorite. Woohoo! #momwin



This is how they chose to display their finished products. 😊

 Fb memories have been coming on strong lately. Especially since I actually used to post on Fb. Haha. Sweet baby Garrison 9 years ago. 

Terrell and I got to enjoy lunch with our student of the month last week! We are so proud of our 1st grader!

This past weekend we got to celebrate our favorite 3 year old turning 3! She had such a fun party and we loved getting to celebrate with her and her family. 

The theme was Belle and Cinderella and the cake turned out perfect. And so yummy!!


Isn't this the sweetest picture? I just love it. We had the best time with our most special, most favorite 3 year old.

The big gift she got was a princess jeep.... and Mulan. 😊

Miles and miles of fun are ahead! 

On Sunday afternoon we managed to make it to our church's Trunk or Treat and I took like 1 picture all night. I am still struggling in the picture taking department. Sigh. The boys had a ball and we were super impressed with all the trunks and themes.  

This was one of my favorite trunks. It was adorable!

Then on Sunday night we finally got our pumpkin carved! This year was a challenge to find the time to make it happen but thankfully we squeezed it in and did it. (My life and our family schedule feels so crazy right now. #mamaisstruggling #andemotional) I may have been making lunches for the week and multi-tasking something serious while the carving was happening, but my guys had fun, we made sure to have a jack-o-lantern before Halloween, and we accomplished our mission. #yay 

Notice the matching faces on Austin and Terrell. 😊 He is definitely Terrell's little mini-me. 


Our final product! We went with traditional and happy this year and I think it's one of my favorites. 😊

We have been counting down all month and the day has finally arrived! We have a fun day planned at school and a fun night planned of trick-or-treating. I'm excited to enjoy it all and thankful for family traditions!

Happy Halloween!!

No comments: