Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Summer Start

Summer is here! Woohoo!! My first year back to work is behind me and while I am still amazed and sooo grateful for just how much I love my job, SUMMER was more than welcome this year! Possibly more than ever!! Haha! My once not-so-favorite season is quickly climbing the ladder and giving Fall a run for it's money. 😊

Our summer is off to a good start! The boys were off all of last week while I had to work a few days and left my classroom in a mess (which is unavoidable since they have to strip and wax the floors) but I'll be in good shape for pre-planning and Open House. I'll actually be a little ahead when I go back. #yaaaaaay And this summer is already way more relaxing than last summer. Which feels great! Last year this time, I was applying for my job, getting ready for an interview, and once I was offered the job, scrambling to gather my thoughts, ideas, and materials for a brand new classroom. So it was super crazy and overwhelming. This summer feels more calm and relaxing already. 😊

Last week I finished this book and LOVED it. I actually bought it at our school's half-price Book Fair in early May and finally had a chance to read it. The story is realistic fiction and it's about 2 sisters in France during WWII. It's hard to read at times simply because of the tragedy of the war, what these women suffered through, what the whole country suffered through. And it was an emotional read (which typically isn't my favorite type of book), BUT, I did feel that the story itself was very much worth it and the emotions you feel as you read. It gave me a completely different perspective on the war besides what we're taught from the history books. It's a beautiful story. I highly recommend it. 

Our littlest ended up coming down with a stomach virus on Memorial Day night so he spent Tuesday home with daddy laying around, building with blocks, and playing all the games from our game closet. He didn't feel his best, but definitely enjoyed spending the day with his daddy.

The rest of the week while I worked, the boys were spoiled by their grandparents. Both sets! Haha! They even got to go to Sky Zone on Thursday. Their favorite place ever. 😊




They had a blast kicking off summer with all of their grandparents. And we are so grateful for them being willing to take on 3 wild, crazy, loud boys! 

Austin and Terrell have been busy with All-Star practice for 2 and a half weeks and our little team played in their first tournament this past weekend! We came away from the weekend 2-2 and are so proud of our team facing coach-pitch baseball for the first time ever! They held their own and did really well to come away with 2 wins and 2 losses! 


Our Mud Cats played hard and made us proud. My most favorite is 3rd from the right. 😊 Plus his dad. 

We were so worn out Saturday afternoon that we came home and went straight to the pool and stayed there all night. Terrell grilled for us and we ate outside and swam til bedtime. It was the perfect way to unwind after our long day of ballgames in the heat!

On yesterday I took the boys to get signed up for the Summer Reading Program at our library. They were so excited to go and can't wait to make regular visits this summer. They LOVE to read! #praisehands


Ready to head home with a bag full of books! (I also implemented our first "quiet/rest time" of the summer following lunch yesterday. I thought it went well for our first go-round. The rule is that they have to be in their rooms, with books and either read or rest, quietly. No screens and no talking. Layton is used to napping so he struggled a bit with "resting", but I'm going to keep working.... or go back to naps for him.... and I'm thankful for a designated time for quiet and rest each day.)

After rest time, we were out by the pool! Still, it's just a dream. 😊 The newness hasn't worn off one bit. We've been eating outside a ton, swimming a ton, and enjoying our backyard a ton. Even popsicles in the pool!

Also, yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary. #allthehearteyes I think our wedding pics officially look old fashion now. Hahaha! Of course they'll always be beautiful and treasured to me. It's been an adventure and a blessing being married for 13 years to my love. We are super excited to celebrate with our anniversary weekend coming up in just a few days!

We love summer and are enjoying the laid back, lazy, fun, (and let's be honest... CrAzY) it brings. We have a few things on the agenda for the next couple of days that fit right in with our definition of summer. 😊

Happy Tuesday, Happy June, Happy Summer!

No comments: