Monday, February 19, 2018

Layton's 4th Birthday Party

Layton's birthday party turned out a little different than we expected and planned but I think our birthday boy really enjoyed everything! He wasn't feeling his best but seemed to love his party and was ecstatic with his presents!! 😊 

This party was Layton's first "friend party" when he requested to invite some of his little buddies. But as it turned out, the handful of friends we invited were either going out of town or sick. So that was sort of disappointing. But it honestly turned out okay given that he started with ear infection symptoms on Thursday and had a low grade temperature off and on leading up to his party. We decided to go ahead with the party given that it would be a small family party and our birthday boy had been counting down and so looking forward to his big day. It was the right decision and a super fun day for our littlest man. And he had 2 little friends who were able to come after all. 

My bestie Megan designed his invitation for us and it turned out adorable!! The picture we used is from Halloween and was just perfect! This was definitely one of my favorites.... and Megan has done every single birthday party invitation for all of my boys so I have LOTS of favorites, and this one was near the top. 😊

The best family picture we got before the party has Terrell's head cut off. Haha. #ohwell #Iloveitthesame

The cake table was my favorite. I saved the DIY skyline I made for Garrison's superhero party 3 years ago just in case we had another one in the future and it worked perfect!!

Layton was thrilled. When he woke up Saturday morning and saw the buildings he said Mama, I saw Batman's house! He loved every detail and was so excited. 

His cake turned out amazing and exactly like he wanted. 

We have a VERY talented cake lady!

Love this excited, happy smile on our birthday boy!

I was so last minute with this party I didn't even recognize myself. I didn't get the favors until Friday night. So I had to go with what I could find... Superhero cups with a few goodies. 

And since I grabbed the last 4 superhero cups in the store, we gave our nieces Star Wars cups since they're fans of Star Wars. This past couple of weeks have been so busy that party prep literally didn't happen until Friday night and Saturday. I have never been so last minute in my life. Gracious. #sogladweactuallypulleditoff

We used all the superhero figures in the house and Layton was so impressed seeing everything Saturday morning. Yay! 😊 I love the way my boys love the details of their party dΓ©cor. 


Batman himself. 😊 He was so excited.

We decided to have Chick fil a "cater" this party. Since we knew we'd be feeding mostly grown-ups we wanted something besides pizza. Haha. We had nuggets, fruit, wraps, and chips. It was delish and something different. 

These 2 sweet girls dined together and were adorable.

After everyone ate and the kids had a chance to play we let Layton open his presents. His face was priceless with each one. He was overcome with joy at all of his new things!



It was so fun watching him open his presents. His excitement was contagious. 

After presents we opened all of the toys and let the kids play before moving on to cake and ice cream. 

Piper was pretty proud of the singing of Happy Birthday too. 😊

He was so funny blowing out his candle. I loved watching him. 😊

Success!!

We ate cake and ice cream and the kids played with all of the new toys and had so much fun. Layton didn't start feeling a little bad until the very end of the party. Thankfully he was able to enjoy almost every second of his birthday and had the best time. We are definitely thankful we could make it happen!!

Another fun party in the books! Today we're off to celebrate again!! #birthdayoutingsrock

Happy President's Day!


No comments: