Friday, March 23, 2018

Currently

First of all, YAY FOR FRIDAY!!!! I am sooo thankful the weekend is almost here!!

So I haven't done a "currently" post in about 7 months and I decided that it's time to do another one. We've reached one of our busiest times of the school year as we approach the downhill stretch to summer, and we're right in the middle of our sports season. So the timing is perfect given how limited my opportunities are for blogging right now. Obviously. One day hopefully I'll get back into a blogging groove. Anyway...

Here's a pretty accurate look at life around here currently. 😊

*Eating... This week we've had tacos (my family LOVES tacos), pizza from our favorite pizza place (our big meal of the week... poppyseed chicken.... had to be postponed thanks to our oven going out... it's since been repaired, yay), Terrell grilled steaks Wednesday night (yum!), and last night was game night so we grabbed the boys some chicken nuggets afterward and Terrell and I had leftover pizza. Phew. Even though we had the early game, eating afterwards meant not getting the kiddos in bed until almost 9. Mama is tired this morning.

*Planning... Currently we are planning for Easter! We do Easter buckets at our house for the kiddos and we've yet to get a single thing. #eeesh Terrell and I also have to finalize what we're going to wear because I like our colors to coordinate a little. 😊 We are also in the early stages of planning our anniversary weekend. We'd like to try somewhere new this year but haven't had much time to look into different places and do our research yet. Plus, the beach is honestly the safest, cheapest, and best guaranteed get-away ever. So there's that to consider. But it's almost decision time!! 

*Loving... The fact that so far Spring allergies are non-existent for me! #allthepraisehands I'm also loving watching all 3 of my boys play sports, Terrell and I enjoying a show together every night, each one of our school years this year, a chance to sleep in on the weekends, my husband doing our laundry, my boys' love of books, reading, and the library, and the view of our pool and knowing we're approaching swim season!

*Not Loving... Feeling exhausted all the time. Gracious. I'm starting to think it's time to accept it. It is what it is, as they say. It doesn't appear to be going away so I might as well face it as reality. Boo. Hopefully it's normal. And possibly even worse lately thanks to the time change. I have started taking a one-a-day energy vitamin. It's still early so I can't decide about it's effectiveness just yet. But here's to hoping!

*Watching... We are currently watching all of our favorites. Blindspot, Swat (a new one this season for us that we're enjoying), Designated Survivor, This is Us, Scorpion, Survivor, Hawaii Five-O, and Blue Bloods. Blindspot is probably our fave because every episode is surprising and suspenseful and they all connect to a larger story. So it's the one we always watch "on time". We also stay up to date on Survivor. This is Us is one we both love but sometimes you have to pass when you aren't feeling up for watching anything "heavy". (Although in defense of the show, not all of the episodes are heavy. But they are all awesome. Sooo good.) Designated Survivor, Swat, Hawaii Five-O, and Blue Bloods are all reliable and good and Scorpion just makes us laugh. It's a drama but the characters are super funny. So. It's a good time for TV right now. 😊

*Reading... I just started reading an older book of Elin Hilderbrand's, The Blue Bistro, and I'm loving it. She's definitely my fave author. I just love her writing and her books. And the setting! And, for the first time ever, I'm reading a book via Kindle. #shocking My mom let me borrow hers because I've been needing something fictional to read. I have a couple of other choices in my possession but I decided I just wanted a good fictional read for right now. 

*Trying... To keep the house *somewhat* cleaned, to stay on top of lesson plans, to get to bed every night at a decent time, to adjust to this crazy time change, to make time for blogging (it's been a challenge lately!), to continue making pictures of everyday life (another challenge lately), and to figure out how and when to get some Easter goodies for the boys.

*Hoping... For a good and healthy weekend and week leading up to Spring Break! We don't have any big plans for our week off but we want everyone well so we're able to enjoy our break to the fullest. We're almost there! 

*Wanting... To finalize our backyard project (and pick out some poolside and deck furniture!), my boys to continue enjoying school as we get closer and closer to wrapping up this school year (I can hardly believe just how close we are!), my house to clean itself (hahahahaha, if only), to stay calm and on top of everything school related, and to make a few fun and simple Spring Break plans.

*Needing... To schedule lots of appointments for all of us but having no idea how or when to fit them in. #thestruggleisreal We are behind on ALL of our regular check-ups. Layton's well-check is finally coming up next week but so far that's the only one I've managed to prioritize thanks to needing his immunizations up to date for his PreK registration. Garrison is past due for an eye appointment, all of us are past due for dentist appointments, and I'm way past due for my annual girl check up. Working full time has thrown a wrench in all of our scheduling of and making it to appointments. And I hate feeling like I'm neglecting the simple things that are really important. But I'm pretty much stumped on when to make them happen! I don't like scheduling appointments during breaks because I want our breaks to be fun and laid back instead of full of appointments. I also don't like needing sitters on breaks because, this year especially, we've needed sitters, aka grandparents, daily. Then there's the fact that it's hard for me to take off work right now because of my para still being on maternity leave and thanks to all the things we have going on at school this Spring. So mama is struggling. I'm thinking I *might* have to bite the bullet and take some half-days this Spring to get in my appointments. And I think I'm going to need Terrell to tackle some of the appointments with the kids. We'll see what we can figure out I guess. Gracious. 

I think that covers just about everything. 😊 We are sooo looking forward to our weekend!! It's going to be fairly low-key and we can't wait! Have a great one!!





No comments: