Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Big News and Important Updates

This week is wearing me out! I think I'm about to have to enter survival mode. Between grocery shopping, Father's Day shopping, a doctor's appointment, catching up on laundry, swim lessons everyday, being up and down with a coughing baby last night, and the usual preparing of meals and chasing down boys, mama is exhausted. And it's only Wednesday. Sigh.
 
BUT, I'm SO excited and happy and overjoyed to share some BIG news and important updates....
 
*My sister and her boyfriend of a year plus, Frankie.... are ENGAGED!!!
 
We are sooooo happy and excited for them and praise God for bringing them together in His perfect way and His perfect timing!! Frankie has fit into our family and been such a blessing to us from day one. He loves my boys and they adore him. (Something we all noticed and were super impressed with from the start.) But more importantly, he loves my sister and treats her wonderful. This is what we've all waited on, especially her. Yay!!! We are so excited to plan and celebrate and officially welcome him to the family on November 16th. =)

*My big boy (who now loves to watch Pioneer Woman or that cooking show in my bed while he waits for Austin to wake up) is taking swim lesson this week... and doing amazing!! We are so proud and relieved!!
He goes every day for an hour this whole week and on Friday parents are invited to stay and watch what their kids have learned. We've been told he will be swimming by Friday. Wow. Fingers crossed!! 
His first day he was definitely nervous and a little scared (and admitted that he cried for me once... mama's aren't allowed to stay in the pool area), but yesterday and today he did GREAT. So far he can go under water to get a toy off the bottom, go under playing Ring Around the Rosie, jump in with someone right beside and go under, and is just beginning to kick and swim a little. He doesn't even want to leave when it's time to go!

I have been amazed at how receptive he's been to learning and getting water in his face and going under. Little man has ALWAYS hated having water in his face, but 2 days with Ms. Glenda and he seems cured. That and his mama's prayers. You better believe I've been praying my baby would have a good experience. The last thing I wanted was for swim lessons to give him a fear of the water. We are super excited about all he's learned!
*In other news related to my big boy, we had a follow up with the ENT about possible tonsil removal yesterday morning. At this point we've decided to hold off. He hasn't had strep in over a month (since we got out of school) so we're going to try to wait out the summer to see if we can remain strep free for 2-3 months. If he eventually starts back with the almost once a month pattern of coming down with it, we'll re-evaluate the situation then. We just aren't ready to put him through the surgery if there's a chance it won't be an issue forever. Soooo, we're going to wait. And pray that strep stays away!

*In baby boy related news, we're moving right along with our introduction to the potty. He goes every night before bath time and once or twice during the day. He's even told me a couple of times when he has to go. Once things slow down for us I'm going to move forward with some consistent training just in case he's ready.... which I'm thinking he is.

*Everyday during swim lessons Austin gets to sit up front with me and we eat our lunch together. So far it's working out pretty good although I think we're both over the same old lunches everyday. We may be hitting up Chick-Fil-A tomorrow. =)
 
*And one more picture thrown in just because... 

No comments: