Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

This year our Mother's Day tradition was slightly, okay majorly, interrupted when I came down with another version of the stomach bug on Friday night/Saturday morning and my firstborn was diagnosed with strep throat (again) on Friday afternoon. Plus, no one except Terrell could keep a normal diet. We were pitiful. And over it. I had been sick all week long with something or another and Saturday was one of my weakest, Icanhardlymove, Ican'teatanything days. It was sooo disappointing. I finally just had a meltdown over it Saturday morning and then accepted it and tried to move on. Anyway...

We had plans to meet Terrell's side of the family for lunch on Saturday and then spend the afternoon with them having dessert and playing and hanging out. But since half our household was sick we had to cancel our lunch plans and instead just had Terrell's parents come over for a little bit. Thankfully they didn't mind entering the sick zone and my boys loved seeing their grandparents. We gave gifts, talked, and played and were so thankful they were so wonderful about our change in plans. I spent the rest of the day/night Saturday trying to rest and gear myself up to head to Barnesville for a first ever Mother's Day family reunion that I did not want to miss.

Unfortunately we couldn't make it to Barnesville Saturday night like we were originally planning and we didn't make it to church either. I was pretty bummed. We didn't get a ton of time with either of our moms this year, and this may have been the first year (ever?) I missed church on Mother's Day. Thankfully we did make it to the reunion and I was actually well enough to get around by myself without collapsing or causing a scene. I am so glad we were able to go because I was reminded of my blessings and God's goodness lots. It was the perfect way to snap out of my pity party.

The reunion we enjoyed was for my Granny and her sisters' families. My Granny (my mom's mom) was one of 10 children, 5 of them being girls. Four of the "sisters" are still with us so it was really special to get all of their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren together in the same place. We had a crew! And we made a point to take lots of pictures.

This is almost everybody... I think just a few were cut out of the picture 

My mom's immediate family
 
Us plus my grandparents

My Granny's family... children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren
We loved seeing everybody and my family especially enjoyed a delicious lunch prepared by amazing cooks!

After the reunion we went over to my Nanny's house to spend some time with her and catch up before heading home where I got some sweet cards and gifts. It was a great way to spend my almostbacktonormal Sunday.

Even though I wasn't feeling my absolute best, this year's Mother's Day was still really good because I was well enough to see everyone and was reminded of the most important gifts on Mother's Day.

Yay for a great time celebrating and for feeling better again!!!

No comments: