Thursday, March 7, 2013

VIP Date Night!

Terrell and I had an amazing, rare, will probably never happen again, opportunity last night. And it was SO fun!! Which means it must be written about!

We were invited to go on a double date with our friends/neighbors Ryan and Katie to a Hawks game. When Garrison was a baby and toddler we hung out with them a lot and considered them really good friends. We went to their church and even went to a couples Bible study at their house every other Thursday night. But since the Bible study stopped before Austin was born and we moved on from their church, and the kids grew (in size and number) we haven't gotten together in a loooong time or had a chance to catch up in forever. Sooo, when we were invited on this little date we were super excited. One, because we love the Hawks and two because we'd be able to catch up and go out on a double date!

(We never go on double dates. We're just not super close to any other couples...unless they're related to us. So we typically only go out on dates together...just the two of us.)

The HUGE bonus to the date was that our tickets were compliments of the company Ryan works for (who does business with Terrell's bank) AND they were for 2nd row floor seats. Squeal!!!! It was AMAZING. We loved every second!!

Terrell's mom came over to baby-sit and she made our picture before we left.
 
 
Then Garrison insisted he be in a picture with us too. I almost couldn't leave this little man after yesterday morning when we told him about our date and he grabbed onto my leg and said But I want you to stay with me mama. Break my heart. It made me feel loved but I also felt a little guilty. He even requested I come into his room to kiss him goodnight when we got home. Bless his heart. Thankfully he was perfectly fine when we left him and only had one Imissmymamaanddaddy moment at bedtime. =) 
As soon as we parked in our super close parking spot and entered Phillips Arena we made our way to the "VIP" area. It wasn't really called that but you could tell you were somebody if you got to go in that way. It was swank. There were upscale restaurants and bars in a concession/food court style set-up. We chose a steak place that offered steak sandwiches. Our meal was delicious. So was talking and catching up!

Afterwards we made our way all the way down to the floor. And our 2nd row seats. It was surreal. I know I sound dramatic but I was so star struck. I couldn't stop smiling and staring at my favorite Hawks who were WAY taller and bigger than they look on TV. As a sports fan it was cool. As a basketball fan it was big. As a Hawks fan it was all of those plus AWESOME. =)
The game went great. We even had ushers checking on us! Then, it was especially cool when my mom sent us a text and asked us to turn around and look up. The backs of our heads were on TV all night long. So we asked her to record the game. Ha! She also saw me taking a picture with my phone and my mother-in-law saw Terrell put his arm around me. Crazy!

My favorite Hawk, Al Horford. He's having such a great season.

Can I just say the game is waaaay faster watching in person from 2 feet away. I was SO impressed. They are professional athletes I guess... but whoa. You have to be in shape to play basketball. And people are sitting so close to you. I found myself wondering how they aren't distracted by the people sitting in the floor seats. It was so out of my league.


Josh Smith had a terrible game. But we still love him. And were thankful he walked over so close to us. =)
We enjoyed ourselves so much. It was great double date and super cool experience. We even got to buy the boys a couple of souvenirs after the game because each ticket had some kind of "Hawks store credit". I'm telling you it was a VIP experience.

HUGE thanks to Nana for keeping the boys and staying up so late for us and to Ryan and Katie for inviting us. We had the best time! And seeing the boys and getting lots of love this morning was priceless. We were VIP's all over again. =)

No comments: