Friday, May 7, 2010

Some of my favorite things about being Garrison's mom


  • Answering to "ma-ma"

  • Getting a smile and hug from him every morning (almost every morning anyway)

  • Being at home with him and watching him change and grow and learn new things everyday

  • Watching him play with his daddy

  • Listening to him laugh

  • Rocking him before naptime and bedtime

  • Feeling his head on my shoulder when he's tired

  • Making things "all better" when he's upset

  • Having him hold my hand when we take a walk somewhere...in the house or outside

  • Reading books to him everyday

  • Watching him take those same books off the shelf and "reading" by himself

  • Having him follow me around when I vacuum

  • Having help unloading the dishwasher every morning

  • Listening to him say new words

  • Seeing him play with his hair and knowing that he's sleepy

  • Watching him play with Bailey (our other child... a mini schnauzer)

  • Hearing the pitter patter of footsteps around the house

  • Smelling his "baby" smell right after a bath

  • Pulling him in his wagon around the neighborhood

  • Experiencing all of his "firsts" with him

These are just some of my favorite things. Even though being a mom is really exhausting and draining on lots of days, I am so thankful for Garrison and feel extremely blessed to be his mom.

No comments: